cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using CE 7.1 ESR with ABAP based web services requires java development?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When developing a web service in ABAP, what java development must I do to make the web services available in an ESR that is located on CE 7.1?

Thanks,

Regards,

Mel Calucin

Bentley Systems, Inc.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> When developing a web service in ABAP, what java development must I do to make the web services available in an ESR that is located on CE 7.1?

Nothing.

You need no Java code for ABAP based web services (and vice versa).

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I don't think that answers my question. Yes, I know that making an ABAP web service doesn't require any java code. The question is do I need to write Java code to put the ABAP web service into an ESR that is on CE 7.1.

Regards,

Mel Calucin

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe I have not understood in question.

In ESR you do not need any Java code at all, so what exactly do you want to achieve?

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Someone told me that the difference between CE 7.1 ESR and PI 7.1 ESR is that to register the ABAP web service into CE 7.1 ESR you need to create EJBs and that you don't need to do this for PI 7.1 ESR (since ithe PI 7.1 ESR is ABAP based). I didn't think that this was the case so I put this question in this forum to confirm this. I am arguing to put in CE 7.1 because we don't need the PI 7.1 functionality. This someone told me that we are more of an ABAP shop than a Java shop and that we don't want to develop EJBs whenever we develop ABAP based web services.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mel Calucin

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Someone told me that the difference between CE 7.1 ESR and PI 7.1 ESR is that to register the ABAP web service into CE 7.1 ESR you need to create EJBs and that you don't need to do this for PI 7.1 ESR (since ithe PI 7.1 ESR is ABAP based).

There is no difference between CE 7.1 ESR and PI 7.1 ESR . In fact there is only one NW 7.1 ESR.

> I am arguing to put in CE 7.1 because we don't need the PI 7.1 functionality.

That is fine.

Regards

Stefan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mel Calucin,

You need not develope any java code. Your net weaver ESR has to connect to CE using Jco's.

Thanks

Prabhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakar,

I'm not sure what you mean by "Your net weaver ESR has to connect to CE using Jco's". Do you really mean: "Your ABAP system has to connect to CE's ESR through JCO"?

Regards,

Mel Calucin

Bentley Systems, Inc.