cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended receiver determination and Dynamic attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is it possible to access dynamic attributes within an extended receiver determination? Can I modify / set dynamic attributes of an XI message within an UDF in the extended receiver determination mapping?

In detail: In my scenario I want to use an extended rec. determination, make a lookup in a DB inside the determination in order to define the receiver, and based on the lookup result I want to add some information as dynamic attributes to the XI message, which then can be accessed in the interface determination as conditions.

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cris

extended rec. det. uses regular message mapping while the target message type must be SAP pre-defined type Receivers. Thus any functionalities available for message mapping is also available for the mapping used for extended rec. det., therefore you can use UDF and JDBC lookup inside the message mapping. BTW, if you uses PI 7.1, there is graphic JDBC lookup which is very simple to use.

Certainly you can also access / set dynamic configuration. (you need to check the adapter-specific attributes in the CC configuration, just give it a try and you will find out)

Jayson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for the feedback. At the moment I cannot test it, that's why I asked the experts here...

Regard,s

Chris

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christof,

You can certainly do this. but you will need to figure out in what dynamic configuration attribute you will store the values in ext reciver determination so that they can be accessed in the interface determination as you cannot create custom or new Dynamic Attributes.

Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my scenario I want to use an extended rec. determination, make a lookup in a DB inside the determination in order to define the receiver, and based on the lookup result I want to add some information as dynamic attributes to the XI message, which then can be accessed in the interface determination as conditions - See you can do a DB lookup in a msg mapping........but by the time you have reached msg mapping your receiver determination will be done......so your receiver is already decided............Extended recever determination is for dynamically choosing a recever based on source msg's data.........

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta