cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate item, Zero qnty material at invoice due to batchsplit in delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem at invoice with materials appearing duplicate as per the batch split done in outbound delivery. I had raised this problem to SAP and they had replied with the below.

I took back this message from my colleague Huey Chin as she isaway from office. You since to be interested to implement situation 1

in note 77414, right?

1. Billing of the batch main item

Display of the batch subitem

Item category PTYP (table TVAP)

Relevancy for billing FKREL (from the item category, table TVAP)

Billing quantity FKMGK (from table TVCPF)

Invoiced quantity FKIMG (from the invoice document, table VBRP) Cost VPRS

Situation 1)

PTYP FKMGK FKREL FKIMG VPRS

HPOS TAN G A <> 0 -

UPOS TAN G A 0 x

As mention in the note, PTYP is item category - transaction vov7 FKMGK is Billing quantity - transaction vtfl FKREL is relevancy for billing - tansaction vov7 FKIMG is Invoiced quantity - (from the invoice document, table VBRP)

VPRS belong to pricing customising.

I had checked in my server and i couldn't find the details. Can anybody throw somelight on this.

Regards

Sashikanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sashi,

Welcome to the BatchSplit + Invoicing Hell!

I used this note once for customizing of situation 3

Billing of the batch main item (without batch subitem)

.. because IMHO it is the solution that makes sense in a Consumer Goods Product environment (some of my Consulting customers are CGP and they would not want to see batch subitem in an invoice, only the main item.

First of all confirm that you want situation 1, then follow exactly the note solution:

For the situations described below (1-3), make the settings for the batch main item (HPOS) and batch subitems (UPOS) in the following fields: Item category PTYP (table TVAP) Relevancy for billing FKREL (from the item category, table TVAP) Billing quantity FKMGK (from table TVCPF) Invoiced quantity FKIMG (from the invoice document, table VBRP) Cost VPRS

If you have problems with implementation of SAP solution, please be more specific with what you don't understand.

IMHO the implementation proposal by SAP is clear enough to be able to be done by a SD Consultant. At least I was able to do after reading the note maybe 20 times

Best Regards,

Franck Lumpe

Freelance SAP Consultant

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am CO consultant.... I am in a simliar mess right now.. I fall in situation 1...

SAP gave me a reply and asked me to do the settings for situation 1.. But, my SD consultant is unable to find the IMG node where he can maintain the settings for HPOS and UPOS

He is unable to see HPOS and UPOS in IMG... Can you pls guide me??

In my situation, VPRS is flowing twice in COPA... once for HPOS and the other for UPOS.. So, SAP asked me to deactivate VPRS for HPOS

Pls guide me

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

As Anurag already wrote:

HPOS - MAIN ITEM

UPOS - Sub Item( Batch Split )

What is a little confusing is that in SAP "solution 1" suggest to deactivate cost relevancy for main item and activate it for subitem, but the item category is the same in their proposal (TAN), so how can it be done?!!

IMHO it is useful to define a different item category for batch split items, for a lot of reasons (for example printing), so if I had to implement solution 1), then I would define a ZTAN subitem category (as in SAP's solution 3) and follow the rest of SAP proposal with ZTAN as a subitem category (instead of TAN).

I still don't like solution 1 as I don't see any business reason to display batch subitems in the billing document, but surely the person at the Customer site who decided for solution 1 instead of solution 3 had good reasons to do it, so I will not discuss it

Regarding VPRS and batch split, there are quite many notes, so need to tell you this is a tricky area!

Note 65908 - Cumulation of VPRS in main item

Note 70038 - VPRS is not generated for batch items

Note 938666 - VPRS for cumulation and bills of material

Note 1063387 - VPRS for cumulation and BOMs (2)

There is a correction program SDVPRSUPDATE to correct the cost (VPRS) of the incorrect documents.

Good luck!

Franck

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank

Thanx a lot for your update....

Just one more thing i wanted to ask.. We need to assign TAN & ZTAN to HPOS & UPOS some where in the IMG??? Or the system understands it by itself

This is where my SD guy is getting confused...

Many thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Ajay,

You need to define the delivery item category determination with the usage CHSP -Batch Split (for the same item category which determined in the sales order) because Batch split will takes place at delivery level.

The customizing activity is the following:

Delivery Item Category Determination

Use

The system uses the item category to determine how to process a particular item.

Procedure

1. Access the activity using one of the following navigation options:

IMG Menu Logistics Execution => Shipping => Deliveries => Define Item Category Determination in Deliveries.

2. On the Delivery item category determination screen, make the following entries:

Field name Description User action and values DlvT Delivery Type LF (Outbound delivery) ItCG Item Category Group NORM (Standard Item) Usg. Item Usage CHSP (Batch Split) ItmC Item category of the higher-level item TAN ItmC Item Category ZTAN (Batch split Item LF)

Of course you should adapt this entry if you use different item category groups than NORM, different delivery type than LF or different item category for the main item than TAN (for example TANN).

Building Block Configuration Guides from SAP Best Practices are your friends

This is a copy/paste/modify from http://help.sap.com/bp_bblibrary/500/Documentation/P22_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

BTW are you really sure you want to copy batch items from delivery to billing document?

IMHO not the recommended configuration in most business environments.

Best Regards,

Franck Lumpe

Freelance SAP Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your valuable inputs with respect to my query.

I just want to confirm you that this requirement is not for free goods or sub items and this is only for main item only. I will be delivering the material x with the batch split in outbound delivery and this will show as sub increment line item in the delivery. At the time of billing document this will be showing as different line items as per the batch split quantity.

The configuration was already maintained same as the prior message shown as snapshot.

I need some inputs from the experts as what has to be done to achieve my requirement?

Regards

Sashikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shashikant

They are advising you to maintain the settings as per above for the item categories you are using

HPOS - MAIN ITEM

UPOS - Sub Item( Batch Split )

Best Regards

Anurag