cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configure idocs for User management ack settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. IDOC config idoc says acknowledgments should not be requested, and run idx_noale ? why should we turn off and how to do this ?

2. IDOCs sent to IS should not be processed by IDoc adapter, advises insert the relevant idoc types into exception table, execute report idx_select_idoctyp_without_is

why we need to configure explicitly for each relavant ido types?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Receiver adapters that run on the Adapter Engine support system acknowledgments if they are requested by the sender. Acknowledgements are triggered when a message is successfully processed by the adapter or if an error occurs while it is being processed. Receiver adapters do not support application acknowledgments. The RNIF and CIDX adapters are exceptions to this rule, since they also support scenario-dependent application acknowledgments. Sender adapters of the Adapter Engine do not request any acknowledgments.

This means, JDBC adapter does only send system acks, however IDoc adapter is requesting application acks. Therefore as mentioned by the previous poster, you have to disable acks for this scenario using report IDX_NOALE.

Also go through these documents for any further help:

http://sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/xi-how-to-guides/how to handle acknowledgments for idoc.pdf

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6a/e6194119d8f323e10000000a155106/content.htm

I hope this clears all your doubts.

Regards,

abhy

PS: AWARD POINTS FOR HELPFUL ANSWERS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

IDX_NOALE should be run on R/3 or XI?

if answer is yes -

If IDOC Adapter does not address application acknowledgement, then why can't disabled with pre-configure, why it is forcing to do manual step?

Thanks for all ur input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

IDX_NOALE should run on your R/3.

and i think i have already answered to the 2nd part of the question in the my previous reply.

Regards,

abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, gave u points

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

>>>>>>IDOC config idoc says acknowledgments should not be requested, and run idx_noale ? why should we turn off and how to do this ?

Refer to SAP Note 777175 in this regard.

Rgds,

Sam Raju