cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST03N : bad Average GUI Time => How can we optimize ?

0 Kudos

Hello guru's,

we have a performance problem.

Our SAP server is located in Europe and our Australian sites are experiencing bad Gui times.

The GUI time is the time used in the network and the local front end for these communications steps (not the time in the application server, however). The GUI time does not contain the front end network time.

How can I proof to our network partner that the problem is caused by the WAN line ?

(a specific tool, other then niping)

They state there is a max 0,3sec latency on the line, we see average GUI times of 2 seconds for all Australian sites ...

Could something else cause this high gui time ? (I have once read something about the number of menu items, but this should be ok) Anyone has another idea?

Thank you for your time !

Bud

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

This is mostly happend when network is slow.

Thanks

Kiran.GVL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can also try to choose the "WAN Mode" in the GUI connection.

That way you have less traffic between Server and Client.

Do you have special Transactions (maybe have a look at the Transaction Profile) that cause longer wait times?

kind regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

check tcode :OS01 it is more easy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>(a specific tool, other then niping)

Why don't you want to use niping. This utility is the perfect tool to check network problems on a wan line for SAP connections. I've used it successfully to prove latency problems on a VPN for SAP acsess.

Regards,

Olivier

0 Kudos

Hello Olivier,

maybe my knowledge of NIPING is not sufficient.

With which command did you prove the latency ?

thank you for your help

Bud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hans,

On one end of the WAN line, you start niping as a server.

At the other end, you use niping as a client. We wrote a script to test every minute for 24 hours and log the results.

All is explained here :

[Note 500235 - Network Diagnosis with NIPING|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/500235]

Regards,

Olivier