Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make to order , PGI

former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FRiends ,

In make to order scnario, How to PGI stock from unres sales order stock.

thanks and regards

manu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Manu

No you cannot do that. In Make To Order scenario, production of any material will commence only after creation of sale order and hence, at final stage, stock will be allocated against a specific sale order which cannot be diverted to any other sale order nor from unrestricted, you can make use of.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear lakshmi,

Nice to see you again and thanks for ur reply.

Scenario ,

Trading Business process

Customer will give inquiry .When the company saves inquiry, it will create PR in back ground.

(With respect to PR , we make RFQ , Quatation frm vendors and then Purchase order and Goods recipt.

This Googs recipt will come in Unrestricted store _ as sales order stock.)_ _ _ MM Cycle.

Now We also make Quotation from Inquiry and then sales order .

we do delivery and PGI . Here when we do PGI " Real Issues Come "

stock gets deducted from Unrestricted only and not from Unrestricted - Sales order stock.

I tried with 231 movement type in scheduline line catg - goods issue from sales order . still its not working .

please guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this is a standard Individual Purchase order scenario.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Regards

Vamsi Javaji.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi........this is not a MTO scenario........

this is the case of a 3rd party scenario with item catg TAB that allows you to take the stocks in the company premises and then deliver from your plant. Difference being that you are trigerring this process from your inquiry that normally gets trigerred in the sales order.

I think here the stocks are not specifically reserved for the sales order and it does not have any special stock indicator. When you do MIGO, the MVT is 101 with no special stock indicator so you will not get the stoicks in Sales order stock.

former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what you mentioned is corrrect .BUT

we procure from vendors and store in our own storage location . and do delivery and billing .

Sales side : Inquiry from customer ( which create a PR)

MM side : RFQ to vendors , Quotation maintained .

sales Side : Quatation to customer

If accepted by customer .

MM side : PO and GRn ) Ret type 041 is maintained in item catg )

Unrestricted

Plant: Rm10

FGs : 10

sales Stock : 120

Now , we do Sales order , w.r.t Quataion with a marin maintained in pricing procedure

Now Do delivery and PGI . ( kek is maintained in item catg)_ _ but not working

" This time stock is getting deducted from unrestricted , ie from 10 . and not from 120.

3 rd party sales is stock goes directly from vendors premeise to customer and all. that case is different .

If am wrong correct me .

Please help

"

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Manu

In that case, as already suggested by Mr.Arijeet, you have to go for Third Party Sales process. Make To Order will not work in the scenario what you have explained.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok...my question is ...... you do not need to use KEK as your req. type.

Can you check a couple of things and let us know.

1) In your sales order Proicurement tab, what Req. type are you getting?

2) What item category are you getting?

3) Goto OVZH and see what Req. class is assigned to the Req. type that you got in step 1.

4) Goto your delivery - Goods Movement tab. See what MVT is there and also see the special stock indicator field if there is anything there?

Do let us know.

former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) In your sales order Proicurement tab, what Req. type . ANSWER = 041

2) What item category are you getting?_ANSWER =TAN_

3) Goto OVZH and see what Req. class is assigned to the Req. type that you got in step 1._ANSWER = 041-041_

4) Goto your delivery - Goods Movement tab. See what MVT is there and also see the special stock indicator field if there is anything there?_ANSWER= MVT = 231 , Special Stock Indicator E._

Error log in delivery : Sales order stock 3000000642 000010 does not exist

FG1 101 E 5000012278 1 09.01.2010 300 EA

Analysis

I have done automatic PR made at background when i save Inquiry (SD - side )

here system searching Sales order and not inquiry .

Please help where i need to make the settings changes

thanks and regards

manu

former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One more doubt i have ,

Is it possible to do delivery & PGI w.rt inquiry .

i know its not sap std process . I need to get it clarified .It will will be a great help if so.

I made copy control for sales doc(inquiry ) and delivery and assigned deli type in my inquiry .

but when i tried vl01n , system error : " Transaction cannot be delivered "

is any futher settings/ routine in sales doc and delivery ? other than 001 is req.

please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

check in your inquiry which item catg and schedule line catg. you are getting.

then for this item category, check in VOV7 is the 'Schedule line allowed' check is there or not.

Then on VOV6 check for your sch line catg is the 'Item rel for delivery' is marked or not.

former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thank you for your reply .

I made that settings already . But its not working .

I also found in copy ctrl for sales doc to delivery .conditions tab is there . 001 is std settings (routine). in that it is mentioned only through sales order document , delivery is possible . Press F1.

If deliver and PGI not possible with Inquiry ,

There is another way to resolve my problem ,

I will give the business reqirement

1) Inquiry from customer

2) Automatic PR created when we save Inquiry (Account Assigned is Sales inquiry)

3) RFQ for multiple vendor w.r.t PR

4) Quotation maintained for RFQ

5) Sales Quotation to Customer

6) Sales order created

7) PO made w.r.t Quotations received from vendors (Account assigned is Sales Inquiry)

I want to make it sales Order.

8) Goods receipt w.r.t PO (Sales order Stock)

9) Invoice receipt (from vendors)

10) Sales Delivery and PGI ( sales order stock )

11) Sales Billing

Please note points 1 and 7. Is there any settings to make it happen.it will be very helpful for us .

thanks in advance

manu

Edited by: manu m on Jan 13, 2009 11:45 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK

Former Member
0 Kudos

In MTO, the requirement type (KEK) along with the Req class (046) that is assigned in the sales order will not allow you to take stocks from unrestricted stock. you will have to use stocks with special stock indicator E

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In MTO Scenario, the stock is created with reference to a sales order. For details you can go thru the below link.

Regards

Vamsi Javaji