cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartForms Main Window Question?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see demos in SmartForm that have two pages, bit with window "MAIN". However, when I try to create window MAIN (I do put a check in the "MAIN WINDOW Box), it will not let me call it MAIN because Page 1 has a window called Main?

Shouldn't I be able to have a MAIN window called MAIN ON pAGE 1, AND a MAIN window called MAIN ON page 2?

Thank-You.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to copy the main window from your first page to the second page (right click then copy, and paste). The same window will exist on both pages and changes will be reflected in both.

Regards,

Nick

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

andrea_galluccio2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TMM,

the answer is simple.You cannot have multiple MAIN windows (that measn windows of type MAIN) on a PAGE. Doesen't depents on name. For example you cannot create a windows called MAIN2 on the PGAE if you already have a windows of type MAIN.

You can create as many other types of windows you want, but just only of type MAIN.

Regards

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrea, See the above posting it is possible....Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrea,

I agree, but be aware this limitation has been removed in later releases. My ECC 6.0 system will allow multiple main windows, but 4.6c systems won't, so I think it changed somewhere inbetween.

TMM, actually what you have here is still only one main window, it is the same window on different pages.

Regards,

Nick