cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UD by Inspection Point in case of Partial GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do partial GR after production and do quality check immediately, then release the goods for next process.

I need one inspection lot for each production order. For that reason, I am using Early Inspection lot creation (Type 04) and Inspection Points to avoid multiple inspection lots.

I don't know how to give Usage decision for quantity inspected at each Inspection Point.

Is it possible?

Abir.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Abir,

You cannot give Usage decision to each inspection point you inspect. But you can valuate each inspection point. Usage decision can be given to the whole lot at one time only

Shyamal has well defined the process for you.

Regards

gajesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all.

Solved.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Abir

please check whether you have maintained Plant level setting for inspection point

SPRO >QM> Maintain setting for plant> choose your plant> result recording > proposal for inspection point. Please maintain the selected sets here.

Please let me know your feedback

regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gajesh,

Thanks. Now it is working all right.

I need to add one more variation in the same scenario.

My requirement is One Inspection lot per order and Early Lot creation (Type need to be 04). Is it possible.

Abir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Abir, you can do it

Select the option as "Early Lot creation for the order item". So, system will create only one 04 type inspection lot despite of 'n' number of confirmations you process.

What it will do is............

Let say your Order quantity is 1000 Nos.

You are confirming 100 + 100 + .............+ 100. Ten times. But system will generate inspection lot at the time of first 100 Nos are confirmed and GR for that first 100 Nos is prepared.

Here the entire inspection lot quantity will be 1000 Nos from the time of lot creation (first 100 Nos confirmation), which is the only draw back of this process.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

It is not happening like that.

I have maintained Early lot creation in inspection set up in material master. Say, Order Quantity 1000. Insp lot is created along with Production Order release.

I take 1st GR of 100 qty. No new lot created. Result recording is done and Stock Posting is done; but UD not given.

Again I take GR of 100 Qty. Now a new lot is getting created.

Have I missed some more settings?

Abir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Abir

Are you creating new batch for each GR?

if it is yes - then system will create new inspection lot

thanks

Sami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abir,

You can do it this way...................

- Keep the value for the field,"Control insp. Lot" as "For each material, batch and storage location". So it will create only one lot for 'n' number of GRs you post for the Order. But will keep on updating the Lot size will keep on increasing with the confirmation proceed and GRs preparation.

- Now Don't perform UD valuation, but keep on posting the stock to Unrestricted use.

- Finally when entire order quantity get confirmed. Perform the UD Valuation.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shyamal,

It is working partially but I have a new problem, with Qualitative MIC in the same scenario.

I am doing Manual valuation (Force Loser) of a Qualitative MIC and it's allowing. While saving the result I get an error:

"No selected set exists for the inspection point 150 or plant 1000"

I am using Inspection Point 150 (from Standard).

But,

If I only tick on Accept & press Enter, valuation is happening (this time I don't press on "Force Closer); then if I save the above result, error does not come.

IMG setting in "Define Identifier for Inspection Points" is correct I believe, in my system. No default value is maintained under Valuation tab.

Please help me if you can!

And thanks for earlier answer.

Abir.