cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with header fixed amount discount and return sales.

former_member416443
Participant
0 Kudos

The problem looks like below.

Operator is posting VAT invoice giving header fixed amount discount. Value of this discount is proportionally distributed to the sold items because this discount has marked group condition checkbox. The invoice is good. All works OK.

Next operator is posting correction invoice (this is partly return of sold items). Condition types are copied from VAT invoice to sales order for returned items. Fixed amount discount is copied at all from original invoice to sales order for returned items. In result correction invoice for returned items is wrong.

When the header fixed amount discount is very big and quantity returned items is very small, the customer has to pay for returned items. This is very stupid error.

Did anybody have the same problem?

How to solve it?

Iu2019m waiting for help.

Best regards

Bogdan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bogdan,

Yes these header fixed amount conditions are kind of problematic.

Actually in my world, header fixed amount conditions are normally not used, instead value items are used or standard item conditions.

A big problem with header conditions in SD is that there is no automatic determination, so people don't like them.

Let's get to the point:

You seem to have a problem with the amount condition in the credit memo item.

If the sales item value has been reduced, then the credit memo value should be reduced too, proportionally to the credit memo quantity. This seems not to be working.

You could try a few things:

- Debugging of the formula used to calculate the fixed amount condition in the credit memo item (hard way)

- Not copy this condition in the credit memo and have the user set a discount condition manually or change the price manually

- Instead of using fixed header conditions in the sales order, use a manual percentage header discount. This way it will be easier to calculate the % for the credit memo item => It will be the same! No weird redistribution of fixed amount any more.

FYI, check OSS Note 370487 - Info: Distribution of header conditions with calculation type 'B'.

This is a consulting note.

Also check OSS Note 94088 - Distribution of header conditions for returns (II)

If you want to avoid the returns items being used for determining the distribution key completely, then with requirement 757, which you also have create with Transaction VOFM, you can ensure that header conditions are not set for these items so that the system does not carry out distribution.

Sounds good to me

Hope it helps,

Best Regards,

Franck Lumpe

SAP Freelance Consultant

former_member416443
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Franck.

Thank You for help.

I will check Your suggestions.

If I will have another questions in this topic I will ask You again .

Best regards

Bogdan