cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pricing date problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found price in sales order and its billing document was different. After checking i came to know the reason is pricing date of sales order is different from billing date of billing document, and we changed price between price date and billing date.

so experts please tell me is it possible to keep price in billing doc same as its sales order? What kind of configuration we need to do for this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD,

This might be because of same Pricing Procedure, asigned to Your Sales Order and Billing Document in T. Code: OVKK.

Just check with:

T. Code: VTFL (Copy-Control between Delivery-to-Billing).

Maintain Pricing Type as "G - Copy pricing elements unchanged and redetermine taxes" at Item (from dialog Structure) for Item-Caegory.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies.

Hi amit,

please tell me what do you mean by "This might be because of same Pricing Procedure, asigned to Your Sales Order and Billing Document in T. Code: OVKK" as i am confused with this statement.

In ovkk we have the sales areadoc pri proccust pricing procpricing procond type.

1)Do you mean to say that doc pricing procedure of billing and sales order is same? that is the reason it is comming like this?

2)as you all said we can do it in copy controls by setting it as G.

this will be applicable for all the sales doc types which has this item category.

i want to restrict to a particular sales area this kind of setting, i dont want this to effect other documents even though the same item category is used. is there any settings available other than routines.

3)one more question . in ovkk we have condition type field. what is the actual use of this ,plese tell me business example if possible.

Thanks Amit for your continuous replys for helping us to understand better.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD,

1)Do you mean to say that doc pricing procedure of billing and sales order is same? that is the reason it is comming like this

?

As, you have already explained that in T. Code: OVKK; Pricing Procedure could be assigned, based upon:

sales area+doc pri proc+cust pricing proc+pricing pro+cond type

Now, If you have different Doc. pric. procedure (under Tab: Account Assignment/Pricing) for Sales Order (VOV8) and Billing Doc. (VOFA); you can maintain different Pricing Procedure, respectively.

I want to restrict to a particular sales area this kind of setting, i dont want this to effect other documents even though the same item category is used. is there any settings available other than routines.

To do So, configure a Z-Delivery Type (OVLK) and Z-Billing Type (VOFA) and attach both (Z-Delivery and Z-Billing) to Z-Sales Order (VOV8) under Tab: Billing --> Field: Order-rel.bill.type

Also, under VOV8 --> Z-Sales Order --> Tab: Shipping -> Field: delivery Type; assign the same Z-Delivery.

Now,

Path: SPRO --> IMG --> Sales and Distribution --> Sales --> Sales Document --> Sales Document Header --> Assign Sales Area to Sales Document Type --> Assign sales order types permitted for sales areas

Here, maintain entry for required Sales Area and Z-Sales Documents (Sales Order, Delivery, Billing)

Also,

Path: SPRO --> IMG --> Sales and Distribution --> Sales --> Sales Document --> Sales Document Item --> Assign Item Categories

assign your Item Category (s) to your Z-Sales Order.

Finally, In T. Code: VTFL

Maintain Copy Control Settings between Z-Delivery and Z-Billing and for your item Category, set Pricing Type as "G- Copy pricing elements unchanged and redetermine taxes"

This will restrict Price change setting (as reqd.) to a particular sales area.

3)one more question . in ovkk we have condition type field. what is the actual use of this ,plese tell me business example if possible.

The use of this field is to enter Condition Type (for Pricing Procedure that is assigned to the combination), the system automatically proposes in the double-line entry screen during sales document processing.

(I will explain this point with suitable example, later-on)

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you amit.

do you mean that if we maintain the same pricing procedure for sales and billing then the pricing date will be different?why so

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD,

As, the same Pricing Procedure is being assigned, to your Sales Order and Billing Document, say for Condition Type: PR00, in T. Code: OVKK

If, any changes are made (manual or automatic) at Sales Order Level, same will be replicated in to Billing Document.

But, if You have maintained Different PP, for S.O. and Billing in T. Code: OVKK; changes in S.O. (for condition Type, say PR00) will not be updated in to Billing.

Best Regards,

Amit.

Note: In my last Post, the Solution provided by me for your 2nd-Query:

I want to restrict to a particular sales area this kind of setting, i dont want this to effect other documents even though the same item category is used. is there any settings available other than routines.

I forgot to mention to maintain one more config. i.e. Number-Range Assignment for Z-Sales Docs. (S.O., Delivery and Billing).

To Do So, relevant Transacions are:

T. Code: SNRO/ VN01 - Maintain Number Ranges (Object: RV_BELEG)

Imp.: Don't Check Box: Ext., for Internal Number Range Asignment

T. Code: SM30 - Number Range Assignment to Sales Docs.

You may maintain Direct Assignment - Number range in Sales Doc.

Sales order - VOV8

Delivery - OVLK

Billing - VOFA

Former Member
0 Kudos

The use of this field is to enter Condition Type (for Pricing Procedure that is assigned to the combination), the system automatically proposes in the double-line entry screen during sales document processing.

(I will explain this point with suitable example, later-on)

please post the reply for this once you found the sutiable example to explain me.

thank you once again for the time you spent for me.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your copy ctrl from LF to F2 at item level, make the Pricing as 'Copy unchanged'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes

you can keep the same price as sales order by doing changes in Tcode VTFL copy control from delivery to billing doc. there u maintain pricing type "G" in yr item category ( Copy pricing elements unchanged and redetermine taxes) this will help you to keep the pricing same as sales order.

Thx.