cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating a Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

While creating a Sales Order of any Order type through reference of a Quotation , its throwing an error "reference is incomplete and reference cannot be completed". Please help me in solving this problem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanu,

Had you checked with Copy Control Settings between Quotation-to-Sales Order (i.e. OR -- QT) in T. Code: VTAA?

Best Regards,

Amit

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plsss help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

sanu Pillai

It seems that the Quotation which you are using as a reference for sales order is not complete. There must be some information is missing in the quatation. Please check in VA22 --edit --incompletion log. There you will find the list of items not copmpleted for yr quotation. Please enter all the details and once the documents is completed then you use it for making sales order.

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for you helpfull answers. I tried editing the incomplete log. but not able to edit one log

Error is Configuration not possible.. Please help.. i am very new to SD. Planning to learn the flow. So i will be expecting u guys to guide me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For which field you are not able edit.May I know for which field you are getting that error.

Regards,

Mohan.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sanu

Please let us know in which stage exactly you faced the problem. Also what error message system gives. This will help us to give you a solution in right direction.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I went to the incompletion log page. there was one log which told configuration. when i double clicked on that it throwed an error saying that configuration is not possible for that particular material..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is for "variant configuration" material.For this order type you have to use configuration material.but you are using not configuration material(i.e. material type is KMAT).Thats why you got this error.

Two options are there for solving it.

1)Use configurable material.

2)Remove the field from incompletion log.You can do this in SPRO.You can change the procedure using the T.Code "OVA2". and assign it using the T.Code "VUA2".

I hope your problem will be solved.

Regards,

Mohan.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanu pillai

Why do you close the thread before getting your issue sorted out?

First of all as per SAP standards you can not refer a incomplete doc

Are you getting the error of configuration is not possible for your material

Then you have to check the requirement class

I will suggest you the path way

First go to VOV5 and find out the combination of MRP type and item category of your schedule line category

Note that item category and MRP type combination

Go to OVZI t code and find out what is the requirement type assigned to that combination

note that requirement type

Go to OVZH t code what is the requirement class assigned to that requirement type

note that requirement class

Go to OVZG t code you will find the list of requirement classes

select your requirement class and in that the config maintain blank and save

Now test the same in sales order

Also in OMS2 for your material type the configuration indicator is unchecked

Pls dont be in a hurry to close the thread before the real issue being sorted out

Regards

Raja

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to VOV7, select your item category and see what is maintained for the field "Completion Rule". In normal circumstances, this should be "B".

Then go to VTAA, select your item category for the combination of quotation type and order type and see whether you have maintained the following copy controls:-

DataT::::::::::::::::::::::::::::151

DataT::::::::::::::::::::::::::::102

DataT::::::::::::::::::::::::::::002

FPLA::::::::::::::::::::::::::::251

Copying requirements::::301

Pos./neg. quantity::::::::::+

Update document flow:::::X

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check whether you have maintained the copying control correctly or not in VTAA T.Code.

Select your target document as your sales order and source as your quotation.

Check the item category also in VOV7.Check for the field completion rule.It should be "B".

Regards,

Mohan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what ever document type you are using for Sales order - mention the reference as quatation in VOV8 and then in copy control Vtaa, do the copy control for sales order type to sales order (quatation) type.

regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the Incompletion log by pressing CTRL+F8 or goto Edit menu and Incomplete log and see whether document is complete then only go further for preparing Sales order.

If the document is incomplete complete the relevant data and save.

Regards,

Nimit