cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transport to mulitple systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already posted this question some time back, but couldnt get the reply that i expected..

I have a scenario which must look like this

DEV -- QA -- PRD [TRACK1]

- TRAINING1 runtime system TEST [TRACK2]

- TRAINING2 (runtime system TEST) [TRACK3]

which means that once a request is imported into QA and Approved in approval tab, it goes to DEVELOPMENT tab of TRACK2 AND TRACK3.

I will define the track connection as TRANSPORT for both TRACK2 AND TRACK3

question is:

1. when creating TRACK2, should i add SC, if so which SC should i import, i.e. the same one that i did in TRACK1 ?

Thanks

Message was edited by: Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

angel_dichev
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

You can make it much easier, just change the PROD runtime system of maintrack to point to the TEST system when you want to deploy to this training portal.

When you think that the application is ready to go life, just change the PROD runtime system to point to the real production system and transport it again.

This way you'll work with one track only instead of 2, as I see you don't need the second track at all you don't plan to do any code changes in it.

Hopefully this helps,

Angel

SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angel,

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry if my question was not clear, I edited the question again.

however, the approach that was mentioned, i.e changing the RUNTIME systems in a track back and forth from training to prod and viceversa which I think is not recommended, as we should keep on using "RESTORE SYSTEM STATE", each time the TRACK is changed.

any other suggestions would be helpful.

thank you

0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

See if this links helps you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/42/f1a03611d83ee4e10000000a1553f7/content.htm

Ofcourse this will be useful only when you want to deploy to multiple systems and not develop in those systems.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

yeah... i found that link and am currently working on that.. will let you know if it is sucessfull...

Yes.. i am not going to develop in those systems, i just want to deploy on them.

meanwhile..I want a suggestion from you regarding the following:

instead as specified in help link to develop a track for each production systems, is it ok if i create only one track with the three production servers as DEV runtime, TEST runtime and PROD runtime? (in the link, they specified to create three seperate tracks for three production servers)

<b>

and while creating that track, i will not mention the SC in "Required Software Components" section instead of "Software Components for Development"</b> "This statement is wrong, I wanted to tell this: I will mention the sc in "required software components" only. sorry for confusion"

what do you think?

any suggestions?

thanks

"This statement is wrong, I was mentioning that i will only specify it as : I will mention the sc in "required software components". sorry for confusion" added this after the text displayed in bold.

0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

I have not tried this kind of scenario. Also i dont have such systems at my disposal to test it out. However what i feel is that if in the TARGET track you specify the SC in "SC Reqd for Dev" then you will have to specify the DTR and CBS URL's because it doesnt make sense to have an SC for dev and not define any workspace and buildspace.

This is a pure guess.

Ofcourse you may specify the three systems instead of just one. However even here i would just have to make a guess. Help says after impoting in DEV it will directly gol to APPROVAL. Now i am not sure whether this is because

1. we have not given SC for development, DTR and CBS URL's

OR

2. We have not defined any runtime systems.

For these things i feel you are in better position to give an answer because you can try these out. So please do post the various results you may have got.

Thanks and Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Sidharth,

thank you for your input.. I will test it and let you know the results..

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sidharth,

it worked. i.e i set up a track with out cbs and dtr url and then specified my training sytems (test1 and test2) in the runtime systems of the track as test and production servers and it worked fine.

so now, the sca's will be only deployed but not built in those systems. likewise we can create as many connecting tracks as required with three servers per this track only for deployment .

Thank you very much for your input regarding this

P.S: points awarded. (a small corection in the 5th post by me in this thread, please look into that too)

Answers (0)