cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms - dealing with decimal and thousand separators

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

trying to reuse one of the standard SAP Smartforms - LB_BIL_INVOICE in an ECC 6.0 Unicode system I faced a problem with decimal and thousand separators for currency/quantity fields. In fact, default settings in User profile are not taken in consideration when printing this form. I have changed all the possible settings in the user profife and (after logoff/logon) nothing changes in my output.

Just to be sure I tried to output the invoice with the original SAP smartform LB_BIL_INVOICE and the things were the same - means output takes wrong settings for decimal/thousand separators.

For clarity I created a simple form with a single currency field and everything behaves well as expected. So this points me to the direction fo find out what is wrong with the LB_BIL_INVOICE. I downloaded the form into XML and checked the code, further uploaded it into a new one - no success.

My question is:

Is there a way to manipulate or overwrite default settings for decimal/thousand separators within smartform, and if yes - how to do this?

I almost finished my quite complex form and wouldn't like to rewrite it from scratch.

FYI: I'm not a Smartform expert, by have created/overwiten more than 15 different forms accros different systems - 4.6 C/D, 4.7, ECC 6.0 non-Unicode/Unicode, and never faced such an issue.

I faced significant smartform 'improvement' in the ECC 6.0 release - especialy for text elements. The new integrated MS word control gives me a lot of throubles. According to this - is there an up-to-date documentation (even link to SAP course is acceptable) according to Smartform development in ECC 6.0?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ivaylo Mutafchiev

Senior SAP Abap Consultant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I took a quick glance into the print program, and the print program do a set country setting to reciving country. This will give you the separators that are confugured for this country.

But if you change the print program and clear parameter country, the smartform will use the users settings instead.

Regards

Åsa Thenstedt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Asa,

thanks a lot! That's what I was looking for. It fixes my problem.

Thanks again.

Ivaylo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In smart forms if we want to display quantity and currency fields. We can't directly display currency field and quantity fields.

For that we have to create an extra variable in global definitions

Ex: netpr FIELD of EKPO

CREATE program lines and specify WA_NETWR = itab-netpr.

I guess ,this will help you.

Regards,

sairam