cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sm58 error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Its a support issue.Few entries are present in TRFC (sm58)with error "password logon no longer possible- too many failed attempts",Under target system column i can see it is a develpment system name.I am wondering how a production xi system is connected to development system.There is no interface which is designed in this way.Please help me from where to start investigating the issue, or provide me docs about basics of trfc.

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all check the RFC Destination in Sm59 pointing to your target system. Get ti confirm that it is pointing to right target production system . It does not depend on interface design but on RFC destination Config.

After first point confirmation , check the tab LOGON Details in RFC Destination.. Take that user Id and goto target system and unlock the same user in SU01 tcode. Check the validity Date of this user id in target sytem.

After this confirmation, restart the message in XI Box and see the results.

Regards,

Anurag

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

But what is clear from this is that the user used exists in both systems and passwords are different which resulted in lock status.

Check the RFC Destination (SM59)created for the same to know to which system it is pointing to

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

The userId mentioned in the RFC destination is locked. So that it is giving that error.

Try to check user is locked in the SU01 tr code and unlock.

Regards

Goli sridhar

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please don't open multiple threads for same question. This could confuse potential posters.

Regards,

Prateek