cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debugging a smartform without modifying the code ?

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all, please forgive my noobyness but it's the first time I'm working on smartforms...

Basically; I have a smartform that prints out a pdf showing all the entries of a purchase order, but there's a thing that I have to correct... The price amount for position is not correct, because it doesn't contains an extra amount, let's call this quantity "limit", that is a specific property of each row in the order.

Problem: I'm not that good to find in the code the exact point in which the price for a row is calculated, or better.... I thought I found it, did a little correction but without success.

I'd like to debug exactly the pieces of code that are in the smartform, how to do it without modifying the code ? I've read something about hardcoding a break-point but I won't insert new code because I'm working on a pre-production machine and porting a CR is not as easy. Is there any way to debug without doing a mod on the code? Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andrea_galluccio2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matteo,

it's quite simple.

Found the Fm name of the SMARTFORM (Menu Utilities-> F.M. Name) (Something like

/1BCDWB/SF00000015).

Then go in SE37 transaction and put the FM founded and then display it.

Go in the main info of the FM (tab. Propierties) and the double click on the main program.

Then double click on the include that ends with *F01. There you will find all the code of your SF. Then you can put a breakpoint the piece of code that you want.

This should be works.

Let us know

Bye

Andrea

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks to you all, the hint from Andrea worked perfectly for me

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can just copy the name of the node in the smartform having problem and find that name in the FM generated and then put a breakpoint. This will save the efforts of debugging whole FM.

Regards,

Dhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As suggested by Nick when you execute the smartform a function module is generated.

You just go inside the smartform and place breakpoint.

Regards

Sandipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

noobyness....nice word.

Anyway, you can probably find what you need by searching the forums, but the short answer is you can set a break point in the smartform's generated function module. That said it's generated code so it's not the easiest thing to navigate.

Regards,

Nick

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

I've read something about this way, but I didn't found a way to debug since the code is quite incomprensible. I didn't understand: the code I see in the smartform is executed "fisically" or it just generate the FM code so debug MUST pass throu that autogen prog?