cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some interfaces are not shown in the sxmb_moni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are facing the following scenario: we have one interface in XG1 (development environment) which is very simple: it consists of a sender ‘File’ and a receiver ‘IDOC’. The file format has been double checked and apparently is what XI defines but when we execute, we can not see anything in the sxmb_moni and if we look into the ‘adapter monitor’ -> ‘file’ adapter, we can see that the sender seems to execute successfully but the receiver still shows the following: ‘no message processing until now’. So no IDOC is generated and no xml message can be seen in the TCODE sxmb_moni.

Also we have some interfaces that has ‘file’ receivers and we have the same problems. So, for any reason, the receivers are not working properly. I have refreshed CPACache but the error persists.

It is preventing a whole team of doing some tests and as the golive date (March-April) is approaching it is impacting us in a strong way.

Could you please give us some support?

XIAFUSER is getting locked periodically (i see it in the SLD user management), do you think it will be the main reason of this?

Thanks in advance and kind regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls go thru following Blog.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

Thanks for the link but this is not a matter of bad configuration in sxmb_moni display. We can see other messages referred to other interfaces, but my problem is that the adapter monitor says that the sender has processed successfully but no message related to my interface is shown in the sxmb_moni. So it seems that it has not been processed actually.

Could you help me with this?

Thanks & Regards

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Esther,

Are u able to see the messages in Message Monitoring part of RWB ... Pls check it.

If there is any error in Adapter Engine it will show status "Waiting/System Error" etc

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can not see message related to this interface in the message monitoring, so there is no message status. However i can see tha communication channels in the adapter monitoring -> file adapter, and it seems that the

sender works, not the receiver.

Thanks & Regards

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are u able to see similar messages like this in your Sender File adapter ?

<i>Up and running: Last message processing started 10:20:06 2006-03-07

last poll interval started 11:20:06 2006-03.......................</i>

If so Adapter has picked the file and it is not coming into Integration Engine.

Try to refresh the cache and check it once again.

Also check the Cache Monitoring of RWB.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

Yes, i see a message like this. I have refreshed CPACache but it is still the same. Do you know if i have to refresh any specific engine cache? if so, how?

Do you have any idea?

Thanks and Kind regards

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Tcode SXI_CACHE for refreshing the Directory Caches. Go to Adapter Engine link and refresh the same

Go thru following threads may be useful.

For Adapter Engine you can do as below.

http://<host>:<port>/CPACache/refresh?mode=full|delta

In addition to above..

Go thru following link about Processed XML messages.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c4/9a5c3bab977239e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Just add on info.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/6baeae38391a6ee10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

Thanks for the help, it is much appreciated.

I have done all the tests but i am still experiencing the some trouble.

It seems that the message is lost between the adapter engine and the integration server, but i have no way to investigate as i do not receive any error message.

Do you have any other thoughts?

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Esther , may be pretty basic , but can you check whether you have a "sender agreement" defined in integration directory for this particular interface ? No sender agreement and msg will not reach IS.

XIAFUSER is maintained in exchange profile, try re-entering the pwd there as well

well, another thing you can do is to create a sample xml data(from test tab of ur message mapping) , try to send it manually to the Integration server from RWB -> test tool to double chk ur configuration. My 2 cents

Regards

Saravana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is bizarre because it does not seem to be a problem related to XI File Adapter. I have done the following test: i have changed the directory

and the system (other R3) from which the system proccesses the file and

it works. At least, we can see it in the sxmb_moni, so could it be something related to R3 system?

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Esther -

One suggestion - to confirm whether the file gets picked up, use processing mode 'Delete' or 'Archive', not 'Test'. At least you can see if the channel truly finds the file.

>>><i>I have done the following test: i have changed the directory

and the system (other R3) from which the system proccesses the file and

it works.</i>

By default, the file adapter will only have access to the file system that the XI server (more specifically the central AE) is installed on. You have to either NFS mount (Unix) or map/share (Windows) file systems of remote business systems (e.g. R/3) for the file adapter/AE to access it. The access is from the perspective of the XI server.

Also, please double check the file-name case as it is case-sensitive.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Esther,

we had somewhat similar problem.In our case also the file used to get picked up but could not be seen in the sxmb_moni.Also XIAFUSER used to get locked and RWB we used to get the status as waiting and then error.

I am not sure if yours is the same case.But we had single sld for all systems and in one of the systems the password for XIAFUSER was entered wrongly and hence we used to get that error.

So if you are using single sld for multiple systems could you please check if the pwd for the xiafuser in all systems should be same and whereever it has been entered it has been done correctcly..

hope this helps.

sulakshana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jin,

Our processing mode is not test, it is 'delete'.

Sulakshana,

Yes i am using single SLD for multiple systems but XIAFUSER is not locked currently so it is not a issue regarding several wrong attempts to log in.

I think that it could be something related to the kernel of this R3 system we are connecting to. Do you have any other idea?

Thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

>>><i>i have changed the directory and the system (other R3) from which the system proccesses the file and it works.</i>

Can you elaborate on this? Is the directory you changed to still a directory on the XI server file system or a file system on another server?

Regarding your "other R3", do you simply mean a different business system in Int. Directory configuration? What do you mean?

Need more specifics on differences between the non-working configuration and the working configuration.

Thanks.

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

Non working configuration: XI goes to a folder by using ftp,this folder is located in a R3 system, then get a file and it is supposed to process but we can not see it in the sxmb_moni

Working configuration: however, i do the following change, XI goes to other folder located in other R3 system (i only change the directory and the server which contains the folder, and so the user/pwd necessary) by using ftp too and then the XI do process the message and i can see it in the sxmb_moni.

that is why i said that could be a issue related to some R3 configuration.

Hope this will be helpful

Kind Regards

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Esther,

Can you try with creating Business Service instead of Business Systems for sending and receiving the messages ?

Once you create Business Service , you need to explicitly add your Sender and Receiver Interfaces to the Business Service created. Business Service will not be having any SLD entry..

If time permits just try it..

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Esther -

Just to confirm and recap:

- sender FTP adapter with mode 'Delete'. File is deleted or not upon processing? If not, filename case has been checked.

- adapter monitor status for CC is green.

- RWB message monitoring -> adapter engine (NOT integration engine) shows no messages or errors.

Have you checked the defaultTrace or applications log in the Visual Admin LogViewer service for any addtional clues?

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Esther,

from what you state, i suppose it could be an FTP problem? Could you ask an administrator to check if he can reach that R/3 via FTP from the XI box? Maybe the network connection is not working or there is a problem with the FTP user.

The reason why i think this is, that FTP to another server worked, so most likely the problem is specific to this server and the connection.

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

I don´t see the point in changing it to BServices because as i said before, it is working when we point to other ftp folder located in other system.

Jin,

-file is deleted so it is not a problem of the filename

-Yes.Green status of the sender and the receiver.Sender says that 'Processing finished successfully' and the receiver 'No message processing until now' tthat is why i am saying that receiver is not proccessing but their status is green.

-RWB Adapter Engine shows no messages about this interface.

Christine,

I Have tried to connect from my XI OS system to the ftp server with the user/pwd and it works.

So, I think i am getting stuck

Thanks and regards