cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text field in line item - Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I need to input a text field in the Sales order per line item. This field should contain some unique number for each line item. This should flow to delivery and billing.

Solutions that appear for me are

1) Enter the Text into the field ARKTX - Description field in each line item. Usually it contains the Short text description of the Material that is the in line item.

2) Inside the line item view a TAB exists called Texts which contains Material text, PO text, Delivery Text etc.

Problems with 1 - The product description is now not visible. though this can be viewed from material master from sales order, it would be best if it can be viewed in sales order.

Problems with 2 - I am unable to find a field that corresponds to the text mentioned. Also a BAPI (BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2) is being used to create the sales order. will theses fields be available in the BAPI. Also even if entered in the these text fields they are not visible in the subsequent document.

Apart from these two, are there any other text field that I can populate in the sales order that can be used as a reference and possibly flow through to delivery and billing!

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

WHat you see in the texts tab are the standard text ID's provided.

You can create you own suitable text ID in VOTXN and then assign that text ID to your Item category text procedure (also in VOTXN)

Now you should have these text ID in your delivery and billing text procedures also and appropriate access sequence should be maintaiend for then so that the text flows from order to delivery to billing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ARijit,

Thanks for the help.

I have a doubt. If I want to access this text that I have entered, where should I look.

If the sales order comes from a BAPI what can i do to incorporate the same.

Thanks

Dany

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to supply the Text Object (TDOBJECT) as VBBP and Text ID (TDID) as your Text ID that you will create.

Answers (0)