Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPE_ADAPTER UNKNOWN_MESSAGE

venkatanarayana_vagu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

While I am doing the Integration process hands on practice on my new PI7.1. We have an error on BPM where we are using the sender step, container, and user decision steps.

When we executed the interface we have observed an error at SXI_MONITOR that saying

*Error*

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Call Adapter

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapter</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="BPE_ADAPTER">UNKNOWN_MESSAGE</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:Stack>No object type found for the message. Check that the corresponding process is activated</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

Regarding this error when we check the BPM trouble shooting guide we have notes about this general BPM error, note number1143732.

There it mentioned about this error as,

o Problem

You are sending a message to an integration process component. The message is set to error status with the error code BPE_ADAPTER UNKNOWN_MESSAGE.

A transformation step or synchronous send step fails with the error message "No definition exists for <Interface Namespace> <Interface Name>" (SWF_XMP 021)."

o Analysis

Service interfaces have been introduced in SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1 which support multiple operations. The message interfaces known from prior releases are still supported by creating service interfaces of category "XI 3.0 compatible" which restricts them to only provide a single operation, the so-called default operation.

Operations are distinguishable by the underlying message type, which in turn has to be defined by a unique root tag and its namespace. Integration processes accessing service interfaces having multiple operations enforce using the correct operation by checking the name and namespace of the payload's root element (root tag). When new messages enter the Business Process Engine (BPE), that is, if a message is received (using a receive step or synchronous send step) or created (using a transformation step), its root tag has to match the operation's message type - otherwise the respective step fails.

If messages are not accepted by the BPE with the aforementioned error messages, check whether the actual payload matches the definition of the message type of the operation. With respect to the namespace, the subtle differences between the default namespace (<root xmlns="urn:example:com">), an explicit namespace (<ns1:root xmlns:ns1="urn:example:com">), an empty namespace (<ns1:root xmlns:ns1="">), or a tag without an associated namespace (<root>) are a typical source of error.

The requirement of the root tag matching the definition in the Enterprise Service Repository is not enforced for of category "XI 3.0 compatible" service interfaces. This includes scenarios upgraded from SAP NetWeaver '04 or SAP NetWeaver 7.0. On the other hand, in scenarios using service interfaces with multiple operations, the root tag of the payload must adhere to the definition in the ES Repository.

After updating my service interfaces with service pattern XI3.0 compatible and executed the interface once again then even after also I got the same error.

Please kindly guide me on this regards. Am I want to recreate the entire objects once again for this interface to test this BPM?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Delete the Integration Process from ID and reimport it. Also check the status of your integratio process in sxi_cache. It must be 0.

Regards,

Prateek

venkatanarayana_vagu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Even after re imported my IP into ID and also checked the SXI_CACHE return code is 0. But still the same error throwing. suggest me more root causes to check the interface please.

venkatanarayana_vagu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks its working fine. After once again I created all the ID objects.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

Check return code for your BPM in transaction SXI_CACHE. If it is not '0' , then reactivate your Integration process there.

This is due to the the status code held by your process type.

go to transaction SXI_Cache ->Integration Process

search for your process type if its status is "99" then select your process type and click on active.

Check if you get any message of type "E", Resolve it else you would be able to see the status code changed to "0".

also try REPEAT ACTIVATION on SXI_CACHE transaction

Thanks

Edited by: Abhishek Agrahari on Jan 8, 2009 8:24 AM