cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Remove Web Dynpro ABAP - Starting Application white banner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

When I call the Web Dynpro ABAP applicaion, it shows the Login screen, after proper authentication, it shows a SAP NetWeaver Web Dynpro ABAP white screen/banner stating "Starting Application... ", and after sometime it launches the Web Dynpro application. I want to remove the white screen. How can we do that?

Thanks in advance,

Amber

Message was edited by: Amber Gupta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

Just as a quick note: There is no artificial delay when displaying the splash screen. During that time the application loads itself. The screen is removed as soon as everything will have been initialized including calling all application hooks such as wdDoInit on all the different controllers. This means, that by removing the splash screen you will only get a blank white screen with a "Application is being loaded.." message that will stay as long as the splash screen would have done. Hence, disabling or enabling it is more a matter of taste, not of performance.

Best regards,

Thomas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

frank_ruggaber
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Amber!

You can do it in two ways:

There is an URL-parameter to do this => look SAP Online

Help (2004s) in the Developers Guide for Web Dynpro for ABAP

(under Reference...URL-Parameters)

1. in WAS 7.0 >= SP 6 you can set a parameter for

your Web Dynpro Application (Parameters Page of App)

=> Set this Parameter to v#the value X

2. or within the URL

Hope that solved your problem ?

Greetings

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey that helped me...

But can't we do the same with WAS 6.4 ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

but you know that the url parameter sap-wd-skipSplashscreen

(http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/7b/fb57412df8091de10000000a155106/frameset.htm) is for Web Dynpro ABAP, and that's been released for customers with NW2004s, not for Web AS 6.40...

Regards, Heidi