cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Events on Standard ALV Buttons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

is it possible to define code for the standard ALV Buttons and register an event for them

like i can do with the custom defined ones ?

If yes, how can i do this ?

Thanks and best regards

René

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

Its not possible to do so.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

how can i create a custom function to replace the undo button then ?

How would it work ?

best regards

René

Edited by: René Hölterling on Jan 8, 2009 9:08 AM

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

Can you please say as to why you intend to replace the standard UNDO button with a custom button & then re-implement its functionality?

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

the Problem is that the standard undo button can´t undo changes that a custom button did.

Thats why i want to program this myself if possible

Thanks and regards

René

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

Thank you for the clarification. Its easy even if you intend to develop your custom button & implement the UNDO functionality in it. Just go through this tutorial, "[Generating Self-Defined Functions for ALV in Web Dynpro for ABAP|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/101df93f-4b5c-2910-14aa-9eb0338c2110]" by Rakesh in which he explains as to how you can generate custom defined functions, associate UI elements with the defined functions and embed UI elements within the ALV.

Once you have finished with this step you would just have to code your logic in the buttons event handler method. You would just have to bind the old internal table to the context node & the ALV would get refreshed with the earlier data churning out any changes done.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Uday,

Thank you that solved my problem.

Best regards

René

Edited by: René Hölterling on Jan 8, 2009 9:57 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you have started using the standard ALV buttons your custom events doesnot work for the standard ones.

Regards,

Lekha.