cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during Activating DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am getting an error while activating a DC on the track. There are no build errors nor any runtime errors, but after checkin, when I try to activate the DC, it gives me a generation error :

ERROR: Unknown exception during generation null (com.sap.webdynpro.generation.ant.GenerationAntTaskError)

The detailed error is :

[wdgen] [Error] .Ctx_vn_SkillsApplicable: The mapping definition is inconsistent, the mapped context element does not exist.

[wdgen] [Error] .Ctx_vn_SkillsApplicable.Ctx_va_SkillID: The mapping definition is inconsistent, the mapped context element does not exist.

[wdgen] [Error] com.ltitl.tdc.wd.view.tdc_wimsedit.Tdc_wimsedit --> ContextValueAttribute Ctx_va_SkillID [type]: Type missing (Hint: The type property must be set to a simple type, a built in type or any java native type)

[wdgen] [Error] .Ctx_va_Associated: The mapping definition is inconsistent, the mapped context element does not exist.

[wdgen] [Error] com.ltitl.tdc.wd.view.tdc_wimsedit.Tdc_wimsedit --> ContextValueAttribute Ctx_va_Associated [type]: Type missing (Hint: The type property must be set to a simple type, a built in type or any java native type)

[wdgen] [Error] com.ltitl.tdc.wd.view.tdc_wimsedit.Tdc_wimsedit --> TextEdit TextEdit_AssoWIMS [value]: Context element and property are not compatible

Please assist on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Divyata

Edited by: Divyata Dal on Jan 8, 2009 7:52 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

from the error log , it is clear that , some of the context attributes type is missing.

open the controller editor of Component controller and check whether all the context Attributes type is given and also check the context mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the context mapping. The mapping is fine. Besides, there are no build errors and the application also runs fine. It gives this error only during activation. Any clue what the problem could be?

Regards,

Divyata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyata,

I got a similar error while activating an activity in NWDI. The error was resolved only after checkin the dependent DCs of that DC. This error occurs if you make any changes to the dependant DCs of the main DC only. So, before you can activate your DC, it is imperative to checkin all the dependant DCs as well. I hope this helps you.

Best Wishes,

PG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried checking in all the dependencies and even reimporting the model with a J2EE server restart. I even tried to add subtree to add the missing components, but nothing worked. Finally, I had to re-create the DC. The DC was activated now with no errors.

Thanks for your help!!!

Regards,

Divyata

former_member540174
Participant
0 Kudos

I had trouble like this where the DC worked great locally but did not deploy upon check in. I was guided to an easy to miss button in the CMS. Some how there was "old stuff" it was trying to use so I had to reintitalize the compartment

Per SAP

You could try to initialise compartment of the SC in CBS to recreate
CBS cache of DTR sources.
Afterwards try to activate again.

This intialize button is found at CBS Web UI > CBS Buildspace Details > Build Compartment tab > the initialize button is at the bottom of page.

Regards,

Diane

Edited by: Diane Fuller on Jan 8, 2009 6:57 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ensure that the dependencies of other DCs are also checked-in first.

For details, refer

Kind Regards,

Nitin