Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Installation

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want install MDM on my machine ( PC ).

how do I get the software to do the same?

Can I work with R/3-MDM sceanario and file-XI-MDM scenario on the same PC.( I have already installed PI and R/3 on my PC) ?

Regards

sreeni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kancham,

To install MDM on your system you need to have a Service market place id to download the software.

The MDM software package consists of :

- The MDM guis 4 of them Console, Data manager,Import Manager and Syndicator.

- The MDm server with the installation guide.

Follow the below links for futher deatils :

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/installmdm (MDM Server Instalaltion)

Along with the MDM package you also have the installtion guide which will guide you in the steps you need to take.

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/nw04upgrade (MDM Installation and guides)

You can also refer this:

Can I work with R/3-MDM sceanario and file-XI-MDM scenario on the same PC.( I have already installed PI and R/3 on my PC) ?

You can work with the R/3 -XI- MDM on the same esystem which has R/3 as well as MDM installed.It is however more convinient if you have one dedicated system acting as your MDM server and you mount this server from other client system suing teh Cosnole Guis.The R/3 server can also be used if at a differnt location.

In the R/3 -XI-MDM scenario the inconsistent master data is extracted from R/e using XI and imported into MDM .

This data is cleansed and enriched within MDM and send back to R/3 using XI again.

Kindly refer the below links for knowing more on this:

/people/balas.gorla/blog/2006/09/27/mdm-xi-r3-integration (MDM-XI-R3 integration)

/people/balas.gorla/blog/2007/02/05/r3-xi-mdm-outbound-scenario ((MDM-XI-R3 integration outbound scenario)

/people/sriram.vasudevan3/blog/2005/09/01/mdm-55-data-distribution-using-sap-xi (Data distribution using XI)

Hope it Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to the below threads.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz