cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liquidity Forecast (tables FDSB, FDS2, FDM1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a question re: these tables.

I understand that all SD data (sales order is created) are populated in FDS1/FDS2 tables, and MM data (purchase order is created) are populated in FDM1 table.

My question is, if an invoice is already created for the SD or for the MM document, the amount of the invoice would be then populated in the FDSB/FDSR table. correct?

If this is the case, does this mean that there would be duplicates in the SD/MM (FDS2/FDM1) table and the FI table (FDSB)? If this is the case, then how would I be able to get an accurate forecast if both amounts (e.g. Sales Order and Invoice) will appear in both tables (FDS2 and FDSB)? As per client requirement, I have to take into consideration all SD and MM and FI documents in the generation of the report.

Kindly advise.

Thank you very much

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member581688
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When an invoice is posted, the relevant amounts are removed from the FDS1/FDS2/FDM1 tables and added to the FDSB/FDSR tables. This way, there will not be duplicates in the SD/MM and FI tables.

Regards,

Shannon

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I post an SD document, it is posted in both FDS2 and FDSR tables. When I post an FI document based on the SD document, the FDS2 table is cleared. Item is left in the FDSR table.

My problem is that when I select items from both tables when only an SD document has been created, there will be duplicates in the selection.

ex. Sales Order 200 USD

200 USD is populated in FDS2 and FDSR

Amount that I will select will be 400 USD whereas only 200 USD should be selected. I cannot select only from FDS2 since i also have to consider FI Invoices in FDSR.

How do I go about this?

former_member581688
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I looked back at my system and you are correct, a sales order populates both FDSR and FDS2. I had gotten table FDSR mixed up with table FDFIEP. However, your assumption that having data on both FDSR and FDS2 will cause your reporting to be doubled is not correct. I will try to re-explain....

FDSR is a summary table. FDS2, FDM1, FDFIEP are details tables (there are several other detail tables as well for other areas - do a search for tables like FD* and you will find the others). FDS2 contains Sales Order details, FDM1 contains Purchase order details and FDFIEP contains FI line item details for customers and vendors (i.e. invoices and credit memos).

All Sales Orders and Purchase orders post to FDSR and also to the relevant detail table (FDS2 or FDM1). When a Sales Order is billed, the detail is removed from FDS2 (if fully billed) and added to FDFIEP. (If partially billed, the amount billed is subtracted from FDS2 and the billed amount is added to FDFIEP.) Likewise for a Purchase order, when an invoice is posted, the amount of the invoice is subtracted from FDM1 and added to FDFIEP.

When you run a cash managment report, such as FF7B Liquidity Forecast, SAP will initially select only from FDSR. You can drill through the summarized items in the report until you finally get to detailed items. After you've drilled to the lowest level of detail within FDSR - the planning level detail - the next drilldown that you do, SAP will select from the relevant detail table (FDS2, FDM1, FDFIEP, etc).

You need a grouping to run FF7B. There are SAP delivered groupings that you should be able to use to see how the report works (as you proceed with your project, you'll want to configure your own groupings to meet your companies requirements). But for now, try, for example, the GESAMT grouping. When you run the report with the GESAMT grouping, the first view will be a summary by currency. Double-click into a currency row to see the next summary level - which will be BANKEN and PERSONEN (if there are items posted for both). The PERSONEN group contains liquidity items (sales orders, purchase orders, customer and vendor items), so drill into that. You should then see lines for the different planning levels. This is the lowest level in the report where the data comes from FDSR. Once you drill into one of the lines at this level, SAP will switch to the relevant detail table. For example, if you drill into the planning level for Sales orders, the display will switch from the FDSR data to the FDS2 details.

Hopefully this better explains how the cash management tables work.

Regards,

Shannon

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

pinoy sap... please help me naman how to configure profitability analysis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks shannon.

problem solved.

extracted data for SD in FDS2 table, MM data from FDM1 table and FI data from open items in BSID/BSIK.

thanks