cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encounters Open Conversions when performing Application ServiceTools import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to apply Application Servicetools for R/3 46C - 01L_R3_46C into our Production system and I encounter Open Conversions in the ABAP Dictionary. Apparently, An index exists in the database but not in ABAP Dictionary and stop me from progressing.

It advises me to proceed as follows:

- Open a new session

- Start the Database Utility (txn SE14)

- Correct the inconsistencies for the specific objects

- Repeat the import phase. If no more inconsistencies are found, the import continues

My question is:

1. Do I perform 'Activate and adjust database' in txn SE14 for this case?

2. Is there any risk or issues if I were to delete this index at the Oracle level?

This is a Production system and I am unable to simulate in other servers. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Annie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annie

1. Do I perform 'Activate and adjust database' in txn SE14 for this case?

Please don't do this, coz the time stamp will change and when the other objects try to use that table , it ll give dumps due to conflicts.

2. Is there any risk or issues if I were to delete this index at the Oracle level?

When that index doesn't figure in dictionary , you can go ahead removing it at ORACLE level.

Regards

Prabumanoharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabumanoharan,

I have removed the table index from oracle level and checked that Database object and runtime object are consistent now. However, when I try to reimport the transport package, it still fails the Requirement Checking stage and showing me the similiar error. I am sure ABAP and DDIC do not contain this index anymore, not sure why it still fail to import.

Anyone encounter something similar?

Regards,

Annie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are also facing the same problem Annie.

I've posted a question regarding this in SCN and trying in other means too.

I'll let you know soon after i find a solution.

Regards

Prabumanoharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prabumanoharan. I have created a customer message to SAP but they have yet to come back with an answer. I will put up the answer as well if SAP replies me.

Regards,

Annie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabumanoharan,

SAP Support replies with this answer and it works for me.The transport completes successfully.

"Please check table LIKP in SE14, are both Database object check and

Runtime Object check are consistent? If so this entry can be deleted by:SE14->menu DB Request/created with import->select the entry and delete.

Then continue with SAINT, let me know if there's still a problem"

All the best 😃

Regards,

Annie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annie

Thanks, the issue is solved .

Regards

Prabumanoharan

Answers (0)