SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment reversal && for invoice && different fiscal year

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

On tcode FMF0 I'm trying to update documents from last year and current year on a single payment run and I'm getting System Error FI 238

Is there any configuration that I can be missing for this? or is there any direct relation with program RFFMS200.

I'm running 4.6c.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nelson,

First I would suggest you to check consulting notes 400924 and 387331, which provide

recommendations and rules for the payment transfer in FM.

After that please check the following notes that provide corrections to avoid this error message.

640641 RFFMS200 - E FI238 for payments w/ exchange rate difference

568994 RFFMS200: Error message FI238

504135 RFFMS200: Unnecessary resorting of payments

484580 RFFMS200: message FI234 or FI238 for credit memos

424378 RFFMMS200: Incorrect output of message FI238

566818 RFFMS200: Payflg with clearing packages

388113 RFFMS200: Error message FI238

487732 RFFMS200: Check whether the fiscal years are the same

I hope it helps

Best Regards,

Vanessa Barth.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nelson,

First I would suggest you to check consulting notes 400924 and 387331, which provide

recommendations and rules for the payment transfer in FM.

After that please check the following notes that provide corrections to avoid this error message.

640641 RFFMS200 - E FI238 for payments w/ exchange rate difference

568994 RFFMS200: Error message FI238

504135 RFFMS200: Unnecessary resorting of payments

484580 RFFMS200: message FI234 or FI238 for credit memos

424378 RFFMMS200: Incorrect output of message FI238

566818 RFFMS200: Payflg with clearing packages

388113 RFFMS200: Error message FI238

487732 RFFMS200: Check whether the fiscal years are the same

I hope it helps

Best Regards,

Vanessa Barth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our experience, this error message usually means that one of the documents in the bundle has not been carried forward (for larger bundles: if you have implemented note 716120, you can use program ZRFFMCHECK_BUNDLE to identify all bundled documents). You can then check the carry forward status by displaying each FM document or dropping them all into the FMIFIIT table. This makes it easier to find the "culprit".

0 Kudos

Hello Karen,

You are right, the invoices have to be carried forward for the next fiscal year to avoid this message.

Althought, my client didn't carried forward all items on the invoices (revenue items for my client are not needed to carry forward), so only expenses item are carried forward to 2009.

On the unique payment document (bundle), there are invoice documents for both year, so we are getting the error FI 234.

For our case, what we need is to update the FM payment only for the invoices from 2009.

These payments have already been executed so we can't reverse and create separate documents.

Thanks in advance

Edited by: NELSON URDANETA on Jan 14, 2009 1:27 PM

Error code corrected (FI 238 --> FI 234)

0 Kudos

Nelson:

Please excuse me if I've misunderstood but I'm making the assumption that you are talking about Accounts Receivable documents when you say that revenue items are not needed to carry forward.

From the FM standpoint, any document (whether customer or vendor/revenue or expense) that posts to a commitment item with a financial transaction of 60 (usually the customer or vendor line) combined with a commitment item with a financial transaction of 30 (revenue/expense) creates a value type 54 in FM. The same rules for updating to paid status (value type 57) in FM apply for both types of invoices.

A payment is posted in FI and is cleared (in FI) against the open invoice. FMF0 is executed to change the invoice value type from 54 to 57. If a payment has been received in the current fiscal year on an open Accounts Receivable invoice from a prior fiscal year, the FM document must be carried forward to allow update in FM even though the FI documents have been previously cleared.

Does this answer your question or am I off track.

0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

These are AP Invoices. My client is a Goverment Department of Treasury, so Tax lines are really Revenue in FM, and it's configured to update at the moment of invoice.

So I have documents with value type 54, as you say, but these documents (previous and current year) are included in a payment document. Not all line items of the invoices from 2008 were carried forward to 2009, only expenses items.

In 2009 these invoices where cleared with new ones from current year in a single document.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hello Nelson,

Program RFFMS200 checks if the documents are in the same fiscal year, so for your issue you have these options:

- Use badi FM_CCF_SET_STATISTIC implementation FM_CCF_MIGRATE_STATS, in order to set the statistical indicator if the commitment item is revenue when carrying forward the document, then you will have the invoice carry forward amount types 0300 and 0350 as statistical, also the payment updated in the new fiscal year. If necessary you should change your reports acordingly.

- In tx OF29 use the option Deactivate check on fiscal year change. The disadvantage is that you cannot select between expenses and revenues, it works for everyone.

Regards

César

0 Kudos

Hello César,

We are on 4.6c, we are using Exit EXIT_SAPLFMC1_005 to carry forward the value type 54 as statistical, although our client requirement is that this items must not be carried forward, either statistical nor real.

If these invoices were cleared in a separate document, this wouldn't be an issue, but as these are cleared in the same document with the invoices from 2009 the program is not updating the payment in neither years.

As with the second choice, the closing period was already deactivated in OF29.

Best regards,