cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Note inconsistency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to apply some SAP Notes in one of our BI systems. Currently we are on SP 18 of SAP_BW (release 700). The Notes that I am trying to apply are delivered in SP 19. So that part is okay.

The problem is that these Notes need some prerequisite notes to be downloaded and applied (SNOTE) which are delivered in SP 16 and SP 17. I checked the corrections delivered by the Prerequisite Note and they need to be implemented, i.e. in other words the corrections do not show up in the system even though they say that they have been delivered in the SP that we already are on.

Shouldn't the SP have modified these objects ? And this is happening not just with one Note. The version management for these objects shows the SAP version.

Does this sound wierd ? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Kunal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

Generally sometimes SNOTE advices to download some prerequisite notes, which were covered in current support package level. They will be downloaded but but only the main note and notes which were not covered in the current patch level are implemented, all other notes can be seen in not relevant status.

Kindly check again right correction instructions as it changes with the release. If you are above SP16 then changes will be present, I never saw anything like this before.

Regards

KVR