cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in configuration dialog of MDK (2.5)

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i can't maintain the settings for "MI Development" (MDK) within the preferences dialog of NWDS any more.

In the log of Eclipse I get the following:

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1

at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1444)

at com.sap.ip.me.mdk.developmentTools.ideSpecific.eclipse.wizards.configurationWizard.ConfigurationPage.getMDKParams(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.ip.me.mdk.developmentTools.ideSpecific.eclipse.wizards.configurationWizard.ConfigurationPage.createContents(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferencePage.createControl(PreferencePage.java:215)

at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog.showPage(PreferenceDialog.java:1016)

at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog.selectSavedItem(PreferenceDialog.java:703)

at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog$3.run(PreferenceDialog.java:329)

at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)

at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog.createContents(PreferenceDialog.java:324)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Window.java:302)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.OpenPreferencesAction.run(OpenPreferencesAction.java:51)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:842)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:456)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:403)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$0(ActionContributionItem.java:397)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$ActionListener.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:72)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:81)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:840)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:2022)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:1729)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1402)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.run(Workbench.java:1385)

at com.tssap.util.startup.WBLauncher.run(WBLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.java:858)

at org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.java:461)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.basicRun(Main.java:291)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.run(Main.java:789)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.main(Main.java:607)

Any ideas??

Many thanks and kind regards,

Norbert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Norbert,

If you are able to maintain the configurations of other SAP plugins (for example J2EE parameters) through the NWDS, then it might be a case of the corrupt plugin files. Exit the NWDS.

Download the MDK plugin from sdn or the best option would be to get the following files from your J2EE-RUNT-CD\IDE\eclipse\plugins\ folder of your unSARred NWDS setup source.

com.sap.ip.me.mdk.developmentTools.cab

com.sap.ip.me.mdk.pios.docgen_1.1.4.cab

exctract thes files to folders with respective names for example com.sap.ip.me.mdk.developmentTools folder for files in the com.sap.ip.me.mdk.developmentTools.cab file.

Now go to your NWDS installation's eclipse\plugins directory and delete the two folders with similar names as above. Now copy and paste the new folders you created according to the steps i mentioned above and start NWDS. Your problem should be solved.

Regards,

Veera

P.S. : I have assumed that you are having NWDS 2.5/7.0.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Veera,

I found it now, de-compiling helps sometimes...

The settings are in <userdir>\Logon.out. Seems NWDS 7.1 created the file in another format. I deleted it, now it works again!

Thanks for your time anyway!

Kind regards,

Norbert

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Veera,

I can open the relevant perspective and also manage parameters of other plugins.

Do you know where the settings for the MDK-preferences are stored? I would assume that the NWDS 7.1 installation has corrupted those settings.

Thanks and regards,

Norbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Norbert,

I am not sure where it is stored, but it may be stored in one of the files in the folder SapWorkDir under Windows OS Drive:\Documents and Settings\

I know for sure where it trying to access the Java classes for the Preferences dialog plugin. It is inside MDKPlugin.jar, in fact under the package structure your log shows:

at com.sap.ip.me.mdk.developmentTools.ideSpecific.eclipse.wizards.configurationWizard.ConfigurationPage.getMDKParams(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.ip.me.mdk.developmentTools.ideSpecific.eclipse.wizards.configurationWizard.ConfigurationPage.createContents(Unknown Source)

Here the log shows as an Unknown source. I am not having a decompiler with me right now. Try decompiling respective class files and check where it is trying for the for the source.

Regards,

Veera

Edit: Oops, you beat me to that, you have already decompiled the required files

Edited by: Veeraraagavan R on Jan 8, 2009 11:19 AM

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Veera,

unfortunately this did not help. I also uninstalled NWDS 7.0.16 and installed the latest version 7.0.18, same problem.

I installed a NWDS 7.1 in parallel some time ago, I thought this could be a problem and uninstalled it, but that also did not help.

Thanks and regards,

Norbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Norbert,

Is the MI plugin enabled (the plugin.xml file should read as only plugin.xml and not something like plugin.xml.disabled? Are you able to open Mobile Perspective or open MDK /Mobile apllication help in Help->Contents?

Are you able to manage the parameters of other SAP plugins (in fact all SAP parameters are a result of plugins to the eclispse base IDE)?

Did you try a clean install by even removing the JDK fully and reinstalling it (making sure all directories/file are removed from the installation path)?

Also you should be using JDK 1.4.2_xx for NWDS 2.x and 7.0.x.

Regards,

Veera