cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Studio Version for Linux 64bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a way to get a Database Studio for Linux 64bit systems?

regards

Clóvis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_koerner
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Clovis,

I have tested this on a linuxX86_64 machine and it works successful so far. I will send an e-mail to you with installation instructions and the corresponding software package.

Please consider this as a beta solution. It would be great if you could keep me posted about your installation success and your results after using Database Studio some days.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Martin,

I already installed the old versions in x86_64bit running in 32bit JVM, this works, with any, but the purpose is to run in a 64bit JVM, without that i must install all 32bit libraries for linux, for that 32bit JVM works.

regards.

Clóvis

martin_koerner
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Clóvis,

to run a 32bit Database Studio on a 64bit machine a 32bit JVM is essential. It won't work with a 64bit JVM. To run with a 64bit JVM we have to wait until the 64bit Database Studio has been released.

Could you successfully install the provided package according to the sent installation instructions?

Thanks and best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Martin

No because i cant install the 32bit JVM, i will wait the release of full 64bit version.

Maybe my question is wrong, maybe the correct is Database Studio Version for JVM 64bit.

best regards.

Clóvis

martin_koerner
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Clóvis,

sorry - currently we cannot provide a Database Studio which is running with a 64bit JVM. The provided package is an approach to run Database Studio on a 64bit server. But it definitely requires the 32bit JVM. The native 64bit Database Studio will be released later on. Unfortunately today I cannot yet tell you a fixed date for this.

Anyway, thanks for your inquiry.

Best regards,

Martin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Clovis,

apart from being the developer of DB Studio ? No - currently there is no option for that.

At the moment DB Studio is not yet released for 64 Bit platforms.

But it is planned and I would guess that there will be a version available within this year.

best regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Lars

Then you know what packages of 32bit is needed byt Database Studio? then maybe i install that and run on Linux 64bit.

best regards

Clóvis

Melanie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Clovis,

we are working on a solution for that. Hopefully we'll be able to provide a Database Studio version for 64bit shortly. I'll keep you updated.

Best regards,

Melanie