Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in WE57

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have an issue wherein a user is trying to access WE57 transaction,he can get change access in 4.6C version of sap system whereas he is not able to go to change mode in ECC 6.0 version.

He is having same set of authorisations in both the systems.I have compared his authorizations in both the systems and both are same.

Even I have checked the client settings in SCC4, ECC 6.0 is a test system in which the settings will allow changes to cross client objects(He gets issue in this system only)

4.6C settings does not allow changes to cross client objects, but he is able to go to change mode here.

Please can any provide any inputs on this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the roles are the same and the config is the same, then the coding must have changed.

=> [SAP Note 380101 - IDOC:Stricter authorization check when editing|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/380101]

What used to be a DUMMY check ("anything" is good enough to successfully pass the check) for some of the fields of S_IDOCMONI, and not checking the correct values of those fields.

So either your role definitions are not correct but this was not noticed because of the weak check, or, your user should by definition of this role not be changing those IDOCs.

Changing IDOCs is anyway ugly

Cheers,

Julius

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the roles are the same and the config is the same, then the coding must have changed.

=> [SAP Note 380101 - IDOC:Stricter authorization check when editing|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/380101]

What used to be a DUMMY check ("anything" is good enough to successfully pass the check) for some of the fields of S_IDOCMONI, and not checking the correct values of those fields.

So either your role definitions are not correct but this was not noticed because of the weak check, or, your user should by definition of this role not be changing those IDOCs.

Changing IDOCs is anyway ugly

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Thanks for the information.

We found some temporary work around for the same, through SM30.

We still need to find the correct solution for this, we are checking if there has been any change in the application components of the view, in the recent upgrade that has took place.

0 Kudos

Sorry, my post above relates to editing IDOCs, and not the customizing you are refering to.

It looked so similar and familiar to me. Please ignore it

Just check the SAP Notes related to "VEDIEDIFCT" then, and of course compare the client settings as well between the 2 systems.

Cheers,

Julius