cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorisation Checks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know how to turn on specific authorisation checks within a customised Z report. I have a report that needs to run based on an org. key but it is running based on the whole firm. How can I get the report to run based on a user's org. key?

thanks

Marie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marie,

Yes, that's correct.

Glad to be of help.

Regards,

Gary

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, yes, need a particular person to only see their own org. key's results. Presently they can see the entire company.

So we need the ABAP'er to insert and authority check for the "org key" field?

thanks a mill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marie,

What do you mean by the report is running "based on the whole firm" ? Do you mean that all users in your company can execute the report and you want to restrict it to certain users ?

If this is the case, I can think of a couple of things you can do to restrict access to the report.

Option 1:

Add the Z report to an authorisation group and grant certain users access to this authorisation group via authorisation object S_PROGRAM. The authorisation group is a logical name that is entered in the program attributes.

Option 2:

Change the source code of the ABAP program to include its own AUTHORITY-CHECK statement against the appropriate authorisation object that contains the organisation key you mentioned.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gary