cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with named search on "no-qualfier field" of priceinfo table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SRM-MDM Catalog Gurus,

we have a self service scenario (SRM standalone + MDM catalog) where requesters create shopping cart from an MDM catalog. We have a problem with named search filled in the parameter "namedsearch": the same named search correctly works via MDM data manager, but not via web interface (the filter on the standard table of the price contained in the named search is lost).

Some information about catalog data: every material (main table) has different prices according to the requester. I mean that for every record of the main table we have several record in the Infoprice table. Every requester has an own named search that allow him to display only materials sold in his region and only the specific price for the requester. The information about the region is stored at the main table level; the information about the specific price for a requester is stored at infoprice table level (for every requester we have a different key - different combination of the no qualifier fields - for the Price table).

We customized the SRM call structure filling the parameter "NamedSearch" with the name of the named search of the requester.

Our problem is the following: If we test the named search via MDM Data manager, the system correctly filter records according to the region and the price key saved as named search. If we call the catalog from SRM (using the same named search) the system doesn't diaplay the correct price: I mean that the requester correctly display all record of a specific region (the region specified in the named search) but the filter on the infoprice table is lost, so the user is able to display all price of a taterial (he should display only price information with a certain key saved in the named search).

Following information about our MDM patch level: Version 5.5 (SP6) 5.5. 63.57

If you need more information I can send you via email screen shot showing the problem

Thank you in advance

Regards.

Simone

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Katarina,

we received an answer by SAP. What is a problem for us, it seems to be the standard behavior of the MDM Catalog.

SAP says that: "The described behavior fulfill the standard. This issue is an enhancement request as the #Filter# option on the qualified display is not saved as part of the Saved Name search. It is working the same way in Data Manager, but the default view includes the filter checked and therefore it seems to worked differently. The standard SRM-MDM Catalog uses namedsearch just for search but not for filtering any values (price etc). To define a Named Search in the SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management (MDM) Data Manager, you run a search either by selecting search parameters or by using the free-form search and save the current search selection as a Named Search"

Now we are trying to understand what SAP means saying "enhancement request": I means that we are trying to understand if there is a way to enhance ourselves the named search.

I'll let you know.

Regards

Simone De Cato

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simone,

SRM-MDM Catalog hasn't got an open source code, we cannot enhance it.

Eventuell we can create an development request if we need this functionality. I have asked SAP for amending webdynpro and am still waiting for the response.

Katarina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a similar issue while shopping via MDM Catalog: once we upload the new prices via Import Manager, we see both prices in Webdynpro. We think this is a bug but we cannot remove it. Please read my question with the subject: SRM MDM Import Manager - price upload. Perhaps it will help you further. By the way, I wrote to SAP yesterday and asked for help. I suppose they will recommend to upgrade MDM.

Regards

Katarina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Katarina,

I sent you via e-mail the screen showing our problem.

We opened an OSS message to SAP, but our system should be updated at the latest patch (we upgraded the MDM Catalog in Dicembre 2008).

Waiting your feedback on the screenshot, thank you

Simone