cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment of Mobile Time & Travel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are the mandatory things to be done for a Mobile time travel application to be deployed???

As from the Backend and middleware point of view configuration was done properly and system was ready to use but, still confusing how to deploy the application can i have a brief overview on how to deploy a Mobile time travel application.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated

Regards

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know how to do the steps below for more than one person at a time? This is for assiging users to the hierarchy grouping.

16. Choose Hierarchy Grouping (on the left pane of the browser under the Mobile Infrastructure menu tree).

17. Choose Create (on the right pane of the browser in the Hierarchy Group Tree section).

18. Enter a name in the Hierarchy Group Name field (for example, MTT_GROUP) and then choose the Create button.

19. Choose the Device Configurations tab in the Details for Selected Hierarchy Group section, and choose the Add/Remove button.

20. On the Search for Available Device Configurations, enter MTT_CONFIG and choose Search. In the Available Device Configurations, select MTT_CONFIG and choose the >> button to transfer the selection to the Assigned Device Configurations. Choose Save.

21. In the Users tab, in the Details for Selected Hierarchy Group section, choose the Add/Remove button to add users for the group similar to the instruction in Step 17.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear RWW,

I presume that you are talking of users here. If that is the case, then its simple. In the last step, while adding users, add all the users you need.

If your question means different HGs, then there is no ther way but to create one by one.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Veera

Thanks for the response. I am talking about the last step. Basically we have one HG for all users. I would like to assign all users at one time rather than one at a time. I don't see a select all on the screen. If there is a better way to assign the users I am open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear RWW,

Thats pretty simple. Yes we dont have select all, but we can select all in a page using "Ctrl" + Left Mouse Button clicks. Then they can be added one page at a time. Hope that helps.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Veera. I really appreciate the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pavan,

You just need to deploy MTR.sda and MTS.sda using the NetWeaver Mobile Administrator (part of the NetWeaver Administrator). This can be uploaded as it is or renamed for end user convenience. Refer the MTT 2.0 installation guide for the same (section 2.5.2 in the guide describes deployment). This can be found at:

http://service.sap.com/instguides

under category SAP Components->SAP Mobile Applications ->SAP MTT-> SAP xMTT 2.0.

(note click on the icon on the right side bottom of page to display the old links. This is because the MTT guides section has not been updated for sometime now).

Please note that once deployed to the middleware, you can assign and deploy to a Mobile Laptop Client / Device.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

@ Srikanth

I do have that document already. Anyway thanks for your help. Please check my below resolution for the exact problem where i'm facing.

@ Veera

Thanks for your reply.

I Have got the following document and followed all the steps mentioned in this document but struck with deployment of an application. Please check the document at section 6.5 with a description Deployment Using Mobile Administrator.

help.sap.com/bp_bblibrary/600/Documentation/DUT_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_US.doc

The following are the steps defined in that document

Use

The SAP NetWeaver Mobile Administrator is used to deploy SAP xMTT to the client Mobile Infrastructure 7.0 SPS12 and above. In order to deploy these components to authorized users, system administrator need to upload the mobile components to the NW AS, create a device configuration and a hierarchy group.

Procedure

1. Upload the sda files (see above) in the delivered xMTT package using the Software Deployment Manager (SDM) in the SAP NetWever AS (AS Java).

2. Start the Mobile Administrator (for example, http://<server>:<port>/nwa).

3. Choose Administration > Mobile Infrastructure > Mobile Components

4. Choose the Reload button (on the right pane of the browser).

5. Choose Device Configurations (on the left pane of the browser under the Mobile Infrastructure menu tree).

6. Choose Create in the Device Configurations section and enter a new device configuration name (for example, MTT_CONFIG) and its description in the Device Configuration and Description fields respectively.

7. In the Details for Selected Device Configuration section, choose the Mobile Components tab. Choose the Add/Remove button.

8. In the Search for Mobile Components dialog box, enter MT* in the Name field and choose Search to get the Available Mobile Components list.

9. Select the components as per the table below and then move these components to the Assigned Mobile Components list by choosing the >> button.

10. On the Confirmation dialog box, choose No.

Mobile Component Name Version Installation Sequence

MTR 200400

MTS 200400

MTTCORE 200400

MTTREPOSITORY 200400

11. Choose Save.

12. Repeat steps 6 to 9 to create another Device configuration (for example, MTT_ADDON for the MTT patches.

13. On the Confirmation dialog box, choose Yes.

14. In the Insert Installation Sequence dialog box, enter sequence number and then choose Insert for each of the components as per the table below:

Mobile Component Name Version Installation Sequence

MTR20SR04PL03 200403 1

MTS20SR04PL03 200403 1

MTTCORE20SR04PL03 200403 1

MTTREP20SR04PL03 200403 1

15. Choose Save.

16. Choose Hierarchy Grouping (on the left pane of the browser under the Mobile Infrastructure menu tree).

17. Choose Create (on the right pane of the browser in the Hierarchy Group Tree section).

18. Enter a name in the Hierarchy Group Name field (for example, MTT_GROUP) and then choose the Create button.

19. Choose the Device Configurations tab in the Details for Selected Hierarchy Group section, and choose the Add/Remove button.

20. On the Search for Available Device Configurations, enter MTT_CONFIG and choose Search. In the Available Device Configurations, select MTT_CONFIG and choose the >> button to transfer the selection to the Assigned Device Configurations. Choose Save.

21. In the Users tab, in the Details for Selected Hierarchy Group section, choose the Add/Remove button to add users for the group similar to the instruction in Step 17.

22. Repeat steps 14 to 20 for the Device Configuration MTT_ADDON instead of MTT_CONFIG.

Now the problem i'm facing was at step 6 it has asked to create a new device but in my screen i was unable to trace where the create button was located at plz find the attached link of screen shot

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/2148/deployci1.jpg

Any suggestions are highly appreciated

Thanks & Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pavan,

Your screen should actually look like this:

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/6189/nwadeviceconfigug8.jpg

Do you have all the roles required for NetWeaver Mobile Administrator especially SAP_JAVA_NWMOBILE_ADMIN_SUPER in the UME/Identity Management.

If you have the role, then I think you or the BASIS administrator have missed a configuration during post install configuration of NWA.Please check into the same. In fact under deploy and change (link at the top left os screen) in NWA, did you or the BASIS administrator carry out the initial post install configuration :

MI_00_This wizard will execute Postinstall steps of technical configuration for the NetWeaver Mobile Infrastructures

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thats due to the improper deployment of sdz files anyway that has been solved . Now i can see create button but when i'm going to create a new device configuration it was giving the following error.

com.sap.engine.services.ejb.exceptions.baseEJBException: Exception in method create.

Any suggestions on this error please.

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pavan,

Sometimes the java components are not refreshed. Did you try restarting the Java Stack alone through smicm? If not solved, please post more details ( logs etc.) so that we can get to the root of the problem.

Also, as a check: Was the sapjra.rar deployed and activated using the deploy tool. This is important for the proper fuctioning of the NetWeaver Mobile Administrator

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

Thanks for the reply. I have restarted the J2EE engine several times but its of no use. Let me check the sapjra.rar file in the system. Can you tell me exactly where i can see this deployed rar file is it through SDM??

I have downloaded MTT2005_0-20001407 from market place and downloaded the files using the same i have deployed

MTR.sda

MTS.sda

MTTCORE.sda

MTTREPOSITORY.sda

on the sdm server. anything else to be deployed other than this please notify me.

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pavan,

Please be informed that sapjra.rar is deployed during the post installation configuration of NetWeaver Administrator for mobile.

The deployment instructions and where to find it in your server can be found in this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/f6/a72642d0d05333e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

Veera

Edit:

Yes, you have deployed all files required for the MTT application.

Edited by: Veeraraagavan R on Jan 9, 2009 8:25 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos