cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Printing Cancelled line items in the sales order on the packing slip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Currently we have a unique requirement in our company. Our wholesale customers send the Purchase order to us via EDI. Now saw they have requested an order containing 10 materials out of which we can fulfill only 8. the other 2 due to some reasons cannot be fulfilled.

So the business wants to keep the other 2 line items to be entered in the sales order with a cancelled status.

Now correct me if I am wrong, only the confirmed line items will be copied from a sales order to a delivery document. So thats the reason why these cancelled line items cannot be printed on the packing slip.

However somehow the business wants the packing slip tp have the 2 line items printed on it with the reason of not being delivered. this is to facilitate the customer to know why those items couln't be fulfilled by our company. Now we cannot use a manual work-around of letting the customer know about the impossibility of not fulfilling the other 2 items as there are a lot of orders that come thru EDI per day.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this requirement asap.

Thanks in advance

Vinit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tell ABAPers to include the field Reason For Rejection of the order in the FORM - RVORDER01 to get that why the material have been rejected. so that you can give the ORDER CONFIRMATION - BA00 while creating the sales order itself and let them know about the why the marterial is rejected.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

cant figure out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit,

This requirement makes a lot of sense, that is to be able to inform your customer that some item(s) of the sales order could not be delivered, not even partially.

A possible solution would be to allow for zero quantity in the delivery item (check customizing and mark "zero quantity allowed" in the item category).

Then in the packing split, it would be easy to print the delivered quantity (0) and the sales order quantity (whatever it was), because you have the "null" item available in the delivery.

Personally I am not found of having have delivery items with zero quantity, but they are useful in that case, and they can also be useful to automatically "close" the sales order item (instead of having to do it manually if the goods can't be served).

Note: Usually in Consumer Goods, if you can't serve part of a sales order to a customer, you have to close it, because the Retailer's next Sales Order will include the remaining quantity.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Franck Lumpe

Freelance SAP ERP Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi frank,

I tried ur solution. First i tried placing an item in the sales order with quantity 0 and removed the field from the field "order quantity" from the incompletion procedure. However it doesnt get copied to the delivery document.

That means that I had to place the order quantity as 1 for it to be seen in the delv doc.

Then I made the delivery quantity as 0 and as I had maintained 'Zero quantity allowed' in the item category for Deliver Document - it accepted it.

Also I saw that the material is present on the Packing Slip with a Quantity 0.

Now my issue is as the quantity in the sales order was not 0 -- it shows as being processed in the status. As you mentioned that the item from delivery document automatically closes the sales order. Well frankly I couldnt understand that part very clearly.

Can you be specific so as to how to close the sales order automatically.

If there is any other solution possible, anybody is welcome to propose it.

Thanks

Vinit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit,

There is a field called "Partial delivery at item level" in the sales order item (shipping tab).

The technical name is VBAP-KZTLF.

Its value comes from the customer (more precisely should be from the ship to party).

If you enter the value B - create only one delivery (also with quantity = 0), then the sales order item should get automatically closed if there is a delivery item, even if no quantity is served.

You seem to be on the right way, so keep trying

Regards,

Franck