cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Setting Delivery Unit for a Material Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

This is a requirement that has been identified at the last moment when we are about to start unit testing.

Well our company sells chocolates in which there is a product with MATNR= 42. Now 42 is a particular flavor of a chocolate. Now earlier i was assuming that this material can be delivered only in terms of 4 units.

But there are 21 other flavors of the same chocolate. So at the last moment the business has identified that the customer can order any flavor with any order quantity for each of the flavour. However the total order quantity of all the flavours of the same chocolate ordered in a sales order should be a multiple of 4 (due to shipping requirements).

So I am not sure how would this requirement fit into SAP. I beleive that Delivery unit applies per material basis.

Can it check for a group of material ? this is as I was thinking to link all the flavours of that chocolate using a material group.

Prompt help will be greatly appreciated as all my managers are sitting on my head now

Thanks in advance

Vinit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

needs custom development in user exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

This would depend on how the client wants to maintain the stocks? If they manage their stocks based on the flavor, then you have to have different material codes for each of the flavors.

The best way now is the simply use the exit save_document_prepare in *FZZ that will calculate the total quantities of all the line items (all the chocolate items) and then check if it is divisible by 4 or not. This should be the safest bet at this stage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijeet,

Well every flavour is a different material whose stock is maintained separately. It is just that during sales ... any of the material can be ordered with any order quantity. the only thing needed is that the total of all the flavors is a multiple of 4.

I appreciate your reply, but is there a way which does not include custom code.

thanks for your reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey is there anybody who can help me with this issue please ?

Thanks

Vinit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit,

First of all, I am not aware of "group condition style" rounding functionality in SD.

IMHO Arijeet's proposal for validation (could be an error or a warning) looks good to me.

If you don't want a development, you might want to use a manual check.

You might want to set-up a delivery block at the document header.

In customizing of the sales document type (VOV8) you could set the delivery block 90 (internet sales)

so the entire sales order is blocked for delivery automatically.

Then a administrative user should enter the sales order and release it if it conforms to the rounding requirements.

Of course this is not the solution you want, but if your boss does not want any development, then it has to be a manual solution (if the functionality is not available in the standard system).

IMHO maybe it is not a good idea to "hard code" these kind of commercial requirements, because they can easily change. Maybe in the future you company just decides to drop the rounding requirement altogether and ships any quantity if the the sales order is over a specific amount.

Another solution would be to validate this kind of specific requirements in a special "CRM Telemarketing" screen - maybe built on .Net with SAP Connector? The specific validation could be done in the .Net application and the validated Sales Order would go to SAP (Sales Execution) through the typical BAPI for Sales Order upload.

Best Regards,

Franck