cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file in target directory?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

The audit log says that the message is delivered but i cannot find the file in target directory.Does this indicate that the file is picked by the receiver system,if yes then once the file is picked the file is deleted from the target directory?

Note-The "file construction mode" is set as create.

Regards,

Suresh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

If the Adapter level message monitoring shows the message as delivered, it does mean the message has been delivered.

To make no mistake, you can run the scenario with the target directory in front of you.

You can see if the file comes in the directory or not.

Whether or not the file is deleted after being processed by the recieving system depends on the way the receiving system is configured.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There could be two things...

1. Either you are looking at wrong directory. (I guess this is not the case, you must be looking at right place.)

2. Or the target directory is not having full authorization to create the file. Check with your basis team for directory authorizations.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh

Check for the SXMB_MONI as suggested above if you have success message.

Moreover

,if yes then once the file is picked the file is deleted from the target directory?

When the audit log says message delivered it will be delivered to target directory.

Now if your scenario is file to file message can be deleted from source directory and not from target directory.

Thanks

Gaurav

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suresh,

As Pooja mentioned check apart from that Check whether the Target Directory has Write Permission.

Cheers

Agasthrui Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

note that PI uses user <sid>adm in Unix or SAPService<SID> in windows to access file system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh ,

I know your mentioned "The audit log says that the message is delivered" but just wanted to confirm that :

1> Do you see successful message for your interface in SXMB_MONI transaction ?

2> Do you see successful message for your interface in Runtime Workbench communication channel ?

If you see successful ( delivery) messages in both the above cases, the file must have been created on your target side.

Let us know what do you see in 1> and 2> cases.

Thanks,

Pooja Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pooja, you are always one step before me, hehe.

If he saw audit log as okay, I guess, MONI should also show success status. I guess the problem is in the CC. So I think CC monitoring should show some error. go to RWB>component monitoring>adapter engine --> communication channel monitoring to check.

Jayson