Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA problem

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have CUA set for my environment. Now when I create a Z* role in one of my child systems, I dont get to see it in my Central System untill and unless I run Text Comparison from chils system in Roles tab of SU01 in my Central System.

So now my question is should I run it every time a role is created in my child systems???

Or if there is a way that the roles created in my child systems gets automatically distributed to my central system then please do let me know.

Regards,

Nirmal.K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have CUA set for my environment. Now when I create a Z* role in one of my child systems, I dont get to see it in my Central System untill and unless I run Text Comparison from chils system in Roles tab of SU01 in my Central System.

>

> So now my question is should I run it every time a role is created in my child systems???

Basically, yes. I do not have a lot of experience with CUA but I suspect you can schedule a nightly job to do the text comparison for you. I have never heard of automatic distribution of the role texts. On the other hand, comparing with just one child system doesn't take that much time.....

6 REPLIES 6

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have CUA set for my environment. Now when I create a Z* role in one of my child systems, I dont get to see it in my Central System untill and unless I run Text Comparison from chils system in Roles tab of SU01 in my Central System.

>

> So now my question is should I run it every time a role is created in my child systems???

Basically, yes. I do not have a lot of experience with CUA but I suspect you can schedule a nightly job to do the text comparison for you. I have never heard of automatic distribution of the role texts. On the other hand, comparing with just one child system doesn't take that much time.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Jurjen has said, you can schedule a periodic job to do this for you. If you don't do this then you need to perform a text comparison.

You could look into one of the user exits in PFCG and write some code which on creation of a new role triggers a text compare in the parent system. I just stick with clicking the text compare button.

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its always better to schedule a periodeic job with program SUSR_ZBV_GET_RECEIVER_PROFILES. or else if you can make sure to compare after every creation of role then its upto you.

Regards,

Nirmal.K

0 Kudos

I disagree that it is always better to schedule the job

If you run it every 12 or 24 hours then you are going to have to perform a text compare anyway if you create & assign a role in between those periods.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With a fair bit of my experience in CUA all i can suggest is to schedule the job after the imports are done - We have release strategy in place for many of the clients.. so when a TR hits the PRD system during a specified time of week (Change management) schedule a periodic job after the same which takes care of text comparision.

If you dont have such strategy and import role changes, every now and then stick with Manual text comparision. It hardly consumes ur efforts to click a button in central system

Hope it resolves ur problem.

Rgds,

Sri

<removed_by_moderator>

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jan 8, 2009 1:47 PM

Welcome back Sri! Times have changed a bit though... please read the forum rules.

0 Kudos

Nirmal-

When working with roles in the child systems I have made it a practice to run the text compare from PFCG/Environment/Text Compare for CUA Central System. Yeah I know it's a manual step but right now as we are implementing it works well for me. There's probably a better way to do it (anyone have suggestions?) I'm open to learning a trick or two.

Todd