cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mainframe, producing file wt comp-3(Packed Decimal) field format,File Adapt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are trying to move some data from SAP to Mainframe.

We have already some cobol programs which consume the text files. These programes are expecting some fields in COMP-3 format. How can i produce a text file wth comp-3 format. My limitations are

1. I don't have any control on the mainframe, so i can not write a conversion program which converts from simple text to COMP-3 format for these fields.

2. I can not change the mainframe programmes.

Any help would be really appriaciated and I promise to return and reward the answers.

Thank you

Raju GA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

anzari_abu6
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Any solution to this? I need to load COMP-3 fields to SAP. How do I read COMP-3 values?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i'm facing the exactly same problem here...which require to convert a field in char format to BCD (packet format), with the output in symbol like " –è| ", that would finally be read into field of Com-3 format..

have you found any solution yet?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

one alternative way is:

1.Write a java program to convert ascii data to COMP-3 format using Command line parameters.

2.Place the jar file in XI server directory.

3.Create a shell script/batch file to call the java program

4.Call the shell script/batch file from File Adapter Operating sytem command with %F for filename substitution.

Regards,

Ananth

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

I don't think XI is directly supporting the comp-3 format.

I suggest write Module Program to convert the XML file into Comp-3 format and get the required output and send it to mainframe applications.

Regards,

Moorthy