cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introscope agent -problem in ISAgent settings retrieval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have installed a SMD agent for a pure and simple Java stack system.

The SMD agent installation and setup wizard ran fine with no problems.

How ever while trying to setup the introscope agent i have errors.

Diagnostics setup -Managed system -Introscope agent

The error is as following

"Operation failed - X01 - 123456789 - com.sap.smdagent.plugins.connectors.p4.exceptions.P4AuthorizationException: Access is denied: Please make sure the <user> and <password> parameters are correct.; nested exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception during getInitialContext operation. No server is running. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Exception in creating new RemoteLoginContext instance.]"

The SMD agent is up and running and im not clear which user id the above message is telling about.

The user ID and password of administrator which we give during running the setup wizard is correct.

Also i have installed the SMD agent with connection type "Lookup HTTP connection via message server"

So i understand that the above user id could be the user which the agent is using to connect to the JVM...but im not sure which is that user id or if im right or wrong .

Kindly advise if anyone has an idea how to resolve thsi problem.

Regards,

Sunanda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunanda,

I had a similar problem with the ISAgent.

I did a manual installation as described in the Installation guide Wily Introscope, chapter 4.

After that, it worked.

Best Regards,

Jan

PS: Check if note 1149214 applies before restarting the system /if restarting the system fails.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you .It solved my problem.

Answers (0)