cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NetWeaver 2004s Developers Workplace Installation Problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am attempting to install the Developer Worklpace with MaxDB version of SAP NetWeaver 2004s Developer Workplace but am having troubles.

I have downloaded the following files from SAP Service Marketplace:

NW 2004s Developer Workplace - DEVELOPER STUDIO 7.00

NW 2004s Developer Workplace - SAPINST

NW 2004s Developer Workplace - J2EE OSINDEP

NW 2004s Developer Workplace - JAVA EXPORT EP USAGE

RDBMS MAXDB 7.6.00 Build 09

NW 2004s Kernel 7.00 Windows Server on IA32 32bit

Ran the sapinst.exe file and completed the following parameters without problem:

SAP System ID(SAPSID)

Master Password

Developers Studio Destination

Proxy Settings

Exectption Address

Prerequisites Checker (downloaded the updated version from note 855498)

RDBMS DVD MaxDB Package Location

The installer accepts all of the variables fine but when I try to select the LABEL.ASC file in the Package Location for the Kernel DVD I get the following error message everytime:

You entered: C:\***\DVD_NW_2004s_Kernel_Windows_LINUXX86\LABEL.ASC

Found the label SAP:AKK:700:DVD_KERNEL:SAP Kernel 700:D5101620 but need the label SAP:AKK:700:KERNEL..WINDOWS_I386:

There are two different LABEL.ASC files for the Kernel file that I downloaded but neither work. I have also tried several other Windows 32Bit Kernel files available from the SAP Support Portal but have had no luck.

Any thoughts on how I can get past this screen? Have I downloaded the right files for my PC?

Thanks!

Jason

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I installed it SAPinst asked for two Kernel DVDs. Make sure you have both the Unicode and Non-Unicode Kernel DVDs. If one label fails try the other.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When installing under Linux I encountered the same problem. It was solved by selected the directory called KN_* (in my case KN_LINUX_X86_64) under the root directory of the cd (instead of selecting the root directory of the cd).

Note that KN is the non-unicode kernel, KU would be the unicode kernel, I think.

Regards,

Martin

Message was edited by: Martin Jaspers

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Jason, did you ever get this to work, and manage to download what you needed. as i too, am getting this error, only with the J2EE sneak preview.

thanks

glen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

You need 51031620_11 Which is the Unicode version.

Did you get it to work yet?

-wael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

You need the windows i386 kernel dvd. i do not believe that you could download this, as it comes with the netWeaver software kit, but I will check.

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Welcome! I have same problem with that instalation on W2K3 sp1, what I have to do? Thank You in advanced.