cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial number profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one please tell me the meaning of "Serial number profile is missing for material

CPA10CMTQ in plant BP01". This is occuring while going through the "delivery and highlight the line item u2013 Go to Extras and then serial numbers". I created the serial number for the material through "IQ01", but the same problem occuring again.

Please suggest regarding this.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to assign a Serial number profile in the material master in Sales General/plant tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur reply. I gave the profie through tcode mm02 but again the same msg was occuring in delivery screen.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then most probably it is the setting in the profile.

If you go to the configuration of serial no. profile (Dont hav system now so cannot tell u the exact path but it is in PM section in IMG under technical objects.

In the profile, you have to allow usage of serial number for outbound delivery (and also returns) by assigning the appropriate object.

Let me know if you could find that otherwise i will let u know tomorrow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u please tell me in detail.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto TCode OIS2.

Select your profile there and clikc onthe left side navigaqtion menu 'Serialization procedure'

You will find some procedures inside that...

Check if you have these 2 procedure there or not.

SDCC with SerUsage 02 or 03

SDLS with SerUsage 02 or 03.

If you dont have them then add them by clicking on 'New Entries'

This should solve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Again the same msg is getting displayed when "delivery->selecting item->extras->serial number". message is "Serial number profile is missing for material CPA10CMTQ in plant BP01". In OIS2 i created an entry SDLS. And also asigned at mm02 -> Sales: General/Plant Data ->serial number profile.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running out of ideas........ did you add SDCC also?

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya. i tryed with that also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you trying to serialize a material after you have non-serialized stocks for the material?

As per the note 165845, there are inconsistencies if you serialize a material after taking stocks.

Try with a new material and then see if this works or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not get u clearly. what is non-serialized stocks. I tried for the some other materials. but the same problem is getting repeated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check in the Sales Gen/Plant data of the material master in MM02, maintain the serial number profile. Make sure you are in MM02 for the material CPA10CMTQ in plant BP01.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi u hve to go to Material Master view Plant data /stor .2 and in general plant parameter profile tab u hve to give the value in Serial no. profile and at the time of del u hve to cretae the serial no by choosing the env .

cheers

shalsa007.............

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to extras and ser no option not in env.