SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pos file into ISRETAIL...

former_member588853
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

A POS file with fields Header- Date, Time -

ITEM- Barcode, Quantity sold, Amount received and discount is been posted in application server.Now I need to Pick up this file and use Idocs and post them into SAP ISRetail system nad need to generate invoice at SAP systems...

Which IDOC I should use and the Inbound funtion module..

Please let me know the mappings.

regards,

nazeer

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not know your scenario, but for receipts you can use the IDOC type: WPUBON01. Have fun getting it posted

Christian

0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I am using the same IDOC type WPUBON01

and using inbound function module /POSDW/IDOC_INPUT_WPUBON .

I am going to write a program and pick up the file and pass the data to the above inbound function module.

How can I generate the IDOC and where could I check the IDOC number..

I can go to WE19 and test the IDOC but I am confused..

please let me know

regards,

nazeer

0 Kudos

Are you already using the /POSDW/IDOC_INPUT_WPUBON function module successfully in ECC?

If yes, then you do not need to consider:

IDOC_INPUT_POS_SALES_DOCUMENTS

To me, the scenario sounds like you try first to load the data from a POS environment into the POSDM on SAP BI. Then the scenario might be different.

But to your question

I am going to write a program and pick up the file and pass the data to the above inbound function module.

How can I generate the IDOC

If you do not have any SAP XI/PI in place,you might want write a small program to read the file and call the IDOC-Input function module. Furthermore there is transaction WE16, which can be used - but the file needs to be in an IDOC format.

Christian

0 Kudos

Hi Nazeer,

If you haven't implemented XI, the smart way to process inbound POS sales is by LSMW with Message Type -WPUBON.

Soon you will find out it's very flexible and much better than your own program.

That's the way we implement IS-Retail Project before SAP release its XI/PI product.

Regards,

Steven

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply guys,

I have rewarded.

Can you clear me on this..

The client is using some custom programs to process the data into SAP retail look below

Steps to follow during upload:

1. Transfer file to predefined directory (first 4 characters of the file need to be the store number)

2. Execute upload program Z_ESEL_FILES_UPLOAD

3. Execute Idoc Creation Program Z_ESEL_WPUBON_CREATE

4. Execute program RBDAPP01 (transaction BD20) to trigger the processing of the idocs.

Basically the above is the specification of the inbound interface. The same interface has been setup for another client so you can see from there what has been done and the Client wants more standard it seems, I dont understand what the standard is. The program is popuplating the flat file data into segments and passing to IDOC_INBOUND_WRITE_TO_DB and creating an IDOC number and then processing BD20 with the IDOC number

I have checked the program/s specified above..

The first program upload file and the second one generated an IDOC for WPUBON msg type

and the Can you let me know what does the BD20 does here..

Does BD20 posts the data into SAP ?

I am going to generate a new program to upload the flat file, populate the segements with the data and need to create an IDOC and process the BD20.

Which Function module should I use to create the IDOC and does BD20 posts the data into SAP retail?

Please let me knw?

0 Kudos

Hi Nazeer,

when IDOC created it has status 64. IDOC status 64 means your flat file data move to the SAP IDOC. but IDOC still not process and your falt file role is finish at this stage.

Now BD20(RBDAP001) see the IDOC that have status 64 process it. During IDOC processing this program will fatch data from IDOC segment. and create billing and article documents.

and this program also identify Functional module of particular IDOC.

FM "IDOC_INPUT_POS_SALES_DOCUMENTS" first lookup the header data of IDOC like store code and date . with the help of header data they identify the inbound profile (POS interface inbound )........

i think this is lettle bit helfull.....................

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

thanks amit..

former_member588853
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thank you guys..