cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is object type decided?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd like to know when "OLTP Object Type(*)" is decided.

Though I created the planned order in APO, "OLTP Object Type" wasn't determined.

I checked existed planned order in my system and I found some planned orders have already been assigned "5" for "OLTP Object Type" but the others haven't been assinged yet.

When is object type decided? And how can we control this?

*OLTP Object Type = R/3 Object Type = Order_Type (import parameter of "BAPI_MOSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI3"(Order Category in OLTP System))

The selectable values are the following.

0 Stock

1 Purchase Requisition

2 Purchase Order

3 Sales Order

4 Planning

5 Planned Order

6 Production Order

7 Reservation

8 APO Local Order

9 Advanced Shipping Notification

A Order Confirmation

B Delivery

I Inspection Lot

M Maintenance Order

P Project Order

R Proposed Order

T Shipment

V VMI Stock Transfer Order

Not yet determined

You can check the "OLTP Object Type" from transaction code "/n/sapapo/om16" (Ordmap Anchor Table tab).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gustavo_prez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Shohei,

"OLTP Object Type(*)" is of more importance to the external system; surely, it would be assigned after the number is changed by the CIF .

The document is created an send it to R/3 or ECC (if you have publication types, Integration models, etc...); when the external system confirm the document and return it to SCM via CIF, the "OLTP Object Type(*)" should be assigned.

Probably you only have this number for documents working on planning version 000, and not for other planning versions.

At the end: "OLTP Object Type(*)" is decided by the external system, when documents go trough CIF.

Please check the following documentation:

"Order Category in OLTP System

The (OLTP or R/3) order category is used in addition to the order number to identify an order that has been transferred from an external (or R/3) system to the APO system.

Some examples of order categories are sales orders (fixed value 3), purchase orders (fixed value 2), and production orders (fixed value 6).

You can use various (OLTP or R/3) order categories for certain APO business objects, such as production orders or in-house production.

For example, a procurement order (BUS10502) in the APO system can contain both procurement orders (category 2) and purchase requisitions (category 1). In APO, the order category is only used to identify an order in combination with the order number. The category is also used in part to determine if an order/schedule line in the APO system can be changed by a user or not (a purchase order, for example, may no longer be changed, while a purchase requisition may still be changed). Generally, the order category is of more importance to the external system. For example, the R/3 system needs to know whether it is a purchase order or a purchase requisition that is being dealt with.

If an SAP (e.g. R/3) system is not linked to the APO system, and this system is to be used to exchange the order information that requires a certain order category, we recommend that you use the standard values, for example category 2 for business object BUS10502.

Orders that are created within an APO system, for example in a planning run, are not given an (OLTP) order category when created, since they were not transferred to the APO system from an external system. These orders all automatically receive (for example, when they are imported) the order category 8 (APO local order). These orders have an APO internal order category which distinguishes between criteria such as in-house production or external procurement. In a subsequent (optional) step, an external system can then decide whether an order created in APO is a purchase order (category 2) or a purchase requisition (category 1) and assign it an (OLTP) order category and an (external) order number.

You find these values in the documentation of the respective function or of the domain fixed values.

Note that certain functions (for example, configurations) are only possible for certain order categories."

Regards,

Gustavo Pérez

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gustavo,

Thank you for your quick and kind reply.

I shared your answer with our team and now we are clear about "OLTP Object Type".

Attached documentation helped our understanding, as well.

Thanks again!

Best Regards,

Shohei Nanba