cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting response from Client Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are developing a scenario - File->PI->Proxy using ABAP Proxies.We are posting a file thru PI 7.0 to R/3 .In R/3 the server proxy(Inbound Asynchronous) will receive the message and BAPI will be called. The response from the BAPI will be reaching the server proxy and passed to the client proxy(Outbound Asynchronous).

Server Proxy(request) --> BAPI --> Server Proxy(response) --> Client Proxy(response)

The response from the client proxy has to be send to PI and a file will be generated as the output.

Can anyone provide me suggestions to call client proxy from a server proxy by passing the response message to client proxy???

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dibyajyoti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dibyajyoti

well its easy to handle with Sync proxy ( created using Sync MI in IR) but if your requirement is to make it Async

In your server proxy code when you call BAPI and get the response. You need to call the FM or Z program for outbound proxy that you would have created and export the parameters (referring type Outbound proxy) before committing the work.

Call EXECUTE_ASYNCHRONOUS before committing the work. It will do

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope, you are done till the Implementation of Server Proxy, where you are calling a Bapi and passing the Input variables the Interface received and BAPI is giving a response back.

Now your question, how to send the response back Asynchronously.

I think, you have to do the same, what you do for a client proxy and at last call the method EXECUTE_ASYNCHRONOUS before the Final Commit Staement. I think this should work.

But using Synchronous Interface in such cases is always a handy and easier option.

Regards,

Subhendu

varun_k
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through this link if it can help you.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/EN/02/265c3cf311070ae10000000a114084/content.htm]

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once you recive the response from proxy try out sending the response dat which you get from r/3 to file by creating a structure for file(i.e. response structure) and create a mapping program .

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

We have already done the mapping for the response from Client Proxy.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why cant you use a sync. proxy?

File Req (async) -> PI <-> Proxy (sync)

|_File Response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to proxy.can u suggest me how to create a synchronous Proxy when I am using an Asynchronous request interface.

regards,

Dibyajyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in XI in IR, change your Proxy msg interface from asynch to synch......so you will get a req and response msg.........leave req msg as such.......in response msg, assign it the msg type of response msg(this you should have as you have already mapped response msg)...........

go to R/3 and run SPROXY.......copy your proxy method code to notepad.......now your this msg interface will be red.........regenerate its proxy....if the code is removed from the method, paste it.......in the last of the code of the synch method, return the response msg structure with data.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Thanks for the suggestion anyways..Our requirement is such that we need not be using BPM for this scenario.We have to take the request to R/3 (ABAP Server Proxy)as Asynchronous and response from R/3(Client Proxy) should also be Asynchronous.

regards,

Dibyajyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Okay if you have to keep req and response both asynch, then in the code of the req msg proxy method, in the end create an object of response msg proxy and then call the response asynch method on this object sending the response data as parameter to this method.......then your resp will be send from R/3 to XI as an asynch msg.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta