cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BC 4.8 Migration for SAP e-filing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are planning to upgrade existing BC 4.7 to BC 4.8 on new hardware. I am bit concerened about SAP e-filing package for GB customer, How will it function when upgraded to BC 4.8. My basic queries are

1. Is any newer release of BC Application Package for e-Filing from the Payroll GB customer?

2. Is existing BC Application Package for "e Filing: 46C and above" fully compitable with BC 4.8. if yes, Is there any change required.

3. We can transfer the complete packages and transaction data to new BC 4.8, do we still have to re-configure the setting for e-filing after setting up new BC 4.8 on new hardware.

4. Has any coustomer migrated to BC 4.8 in UK/Ireland?

5. Can testing of the above scenorio is possible in Project Test landscape. If yes, is there test environment is available.

Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is my understanding that BC 4.8 is not lisceenced for this use - only for connections to MySAP marketplaces - is that not correct ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for all your input.

I will first transfer the packages from old BC 4.7 to new BC 4.8 and check it's functionality.

Thnaks and Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajesh

Along with the information given above

You must test it for all functionalities in your landscape as support to some RFC and Webservice related functionalities have been remvoed from 4.8. Searching the forum you can get them easily

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

you write "support to some RFC and Webservice related functionalities have been remvoed from 4.8.".

??? I did not notice that when working and developing with 4.8. What exactly do you mean ? That could be easily misunderstood.

CSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

Sorry for confusing statement.

One of them I remember SAP Listener - unicode conections do not work anymore with 4.8.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

that statement is also wrong. Only the Unicode flag in the listener page was removed, because that is detected now automatically in BC ! That means you do not lose any functionality here.

CSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have no experience with that e-filing package. Best way is to install a test BC 4.8 environment and then test the functionality. Only that will give you certainty about your questions. But some hints:

about 2) if that package is not using undocumented service calls (which may have been removed in 4.8 because not part of the public interface), there should be no problem.

about 3) the package configuration normally is stored under the package folder itself, that means that configuration will be transferred automatically as well. So the answer depends on where the e-file package configuration is stored, please check

CSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

just look at

Note 1094412 - Release and Support Strategy of SAP Business Connector 4.8

may get some idea for the same

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks but It did not answer my questions as I am very much specific to the questions I have raised.

Regards,

Rajesh