cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant generate PDF's anymore after an upgrade to NW 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have J2EE application that we have developed and is currently running in a production environment on Netweaver 7.0 SP11.

When we deploy this application to NW CE 7.1 SP5 (with one modification to the application-j2ee-engine.xml to remove a hard reference to the service webdynpro). Everything works except for generating PDF's that always worked on NW 7.0. ADS is configured properly and tested it.

I had a look at the source code and we are using the java classes in com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject and their related classes which now have been deprecated, . We cant find any examples of how to migrate or use the new API for generating a PDF by calling java code.

Is there a way to still use the deprecated libraries? Or how do we go about migrating the code.

Thanks

Johann

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using the production version of CE 7.1 from the DVD's that we reveiced from SAP which includes ADS on the media and gets installed with NW CE 7.1.

The application is a custom J2EE application that will run on any J2EE application server (not only Netweaver). The only SAP specific part is the printing part which require ADS to generate a standard PDF file.

What must I change in our application so that it can use the ADS in CE 7.1? It doesnt matter if we cant deploy this version to NW 7.0.

Thanks

Johann

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are still having problems with printing on Netweaver CE 7.1. The blog that was refered to above is useless to us since this refers installing ADS onto CE 7.1 preview , and ADS was installed with CE 7.1 (Production version)

Can anybody point me in the right direction to an example/tutorial to print a PDF from an Adobe template and a XML from with a Java J2EE application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Double Post

Edited by: Johann Muller on Jan 7, 2009 3:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Double post

Edited by: Johann Muller on Jan 7, 2009 3:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also assuming the same thing. Do you have a suggestion on how we migrate our code to use the new ADS in NW CE 7.1? Or sample code on how to generate a PDF via the new API? All I can find is for the older Netweaver system.

I had a look at the old API and the new API and I couldnt find a matchup between the two to make our code work with the new one.

Thanks

Johann

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Johann,

Are you usiing the Trail version from SDN? Also what I meant was that since your ADS is 7.0 and you have developed an application for CE 7.1, that will not work

If you CE 7.1 application as well ADS which is also on 7.1 relase then it should work.

Also check if you have you done all the steps mentioned as per this [blog|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/11905] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Chintan

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Johann,

Not really sure but you probably cannot have an application in CE 7.1 talking to ADS which is on 7.0 level.

Chintan