cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STANDARD BEHAVIOUR OF INSPECTION TYPE 03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am implementing Inprocess Inspection Points for a Material.

1) I have enabled QM view of MM with Inspection Type 03.

2) I have created Routing and assigned Inspection Characteristics for operations.

When I release the Production order, I have Lot created in Quality Inspection.I now do a operation confirmation at the last operation in the routing.

I do a Result recording but I dont do a UD. I now do GR for the Production Order.

It moves the stock to Unrestricted from Quality while I still have Inspection Lot in QA32 without UD done.

Q1. Is this a standard SAP behaviour or I am missing out something. If this is a standard behaviour why will any body clear Inspection Lot created under this inspection Type. It is after all not stalling the process.

Q2. I learn that Inspection type 03 is not relevant for Stock. What does this mean ?

Any important pointers will be appreciated.

I am confused. Please help.

Thanks,

Rahul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

A1) It is a standard SAP behaviour.People will not like to skip UD as after taking UD you can permanently record Results and Evaluate them.

As Gajesh pointed out correctly; the purpose of Posting to Quality is that we can accept some and reject some quantity.The same purpose in Production Process is being covered through Operational Confirmation.

A2) Not relevant for stock means that the inspection lot with inspectin type 03 does not put stock on quality hold ( or release it from Q Hold)

If you want stock on quality hold ( or release it from Q Hold) use Inspetion type 04 - Production receipt inspection, where product is inspected after the work order confirmation / receipt is performed.You can also set early lot creation in the header. Inspection Type 04 will want a Inspection Plan to be created instead of assigning Inspection Characteristics in Routing / Rate Routing.

You can read more on the Early Release Inspection Lot ( with Inspection type 04) at:

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/QMIMIL/QMIMIL.pdf

I hope that this helps.

Thanks,

RKM.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul & Ganesh

Please go thru the link for the same

Link: []

Rahul you can get more information on 03 inspection here

Link: []

Best Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wanted to ask the question that gnk_gnk asked.I am keeping the Question unanswerd.

Thanks,

Rahul.

Edited by: Rahul Kastugi on Jan 7, 2009 3:19 PM

Former Member

Dear Rahul,

You can link 03 inspection type and 04 inspection type.

Your question is correct if you are able to post stock in 04 inspection type without clearing 03 inspection lot, what is use of 03 type.

The answer is SAP has designed the system in such way that if you are not doing result recording for 03 inspection type the system don't allows you ( production person) to confirm the production (CO11N) so there is no question of 04 inspection lot getting generated.

For getting this you have to do SPRO setting at " Parameters for order conformation" Transaction OPK4, this is an PP transaction. There for say specific order type you can set "Result Rec. (QM)" status as :

' Error message if no inspection result exists'. This setting will not allow you to generate 04 inspection lot unless you clear 03 lot.

BR

Shekhar

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul

You have understood it correctly

2) Let me answer your second question first - 03 inspection is not stock specific. this is because you dont have a stock posting tab (unrestricte, block etc) in this inspection tab as you have in 01 or 04 inspection. here you do only confirmation of quantity. Hope you understood

1) 03 inspection is to assisst people in recording result for during process. It is doesnt hold any stock.It gives you a control over operation confirmation where you can practise Rework order , calculation of First pass yield etc. It also helps in some processing companies if they need to do result recording after every 1 hour or after some fixed quantities have been made.

But 03 inspection can be made effective if you have follow the below.

1) All Operation confirmation are mandatory for doing the GR of the order

2) Operation sequencing should be mandatory so that people dont skip QM operation and confirm operation next to QM Operation.

3) also there can be link made between 04 inspection and 03 inspection so that to give UD for 04 inspection you have to mandatorily give UD for 03 inspection

Hope this throws some light.

please let me know your feedback

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

Can you tell me .....

How I can link the 03 and 04 inspection types, so that before UD of 03 insp. lot, I can not go for UD of 04 insp. lot.

Thank you.

Ghanshyam