cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access WDA application on Blackberry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am unable to access my WDA application through Blackberry simulator.

Is there any way to access WDA through mobile devices? Please provide useful documents to help me understand why WDA applications do not support mobile devices. I am using SAP Netweaver 7.10. Is it something related to version?

I can access all URLs except my application.

Please help.

Regards,

Mugdha

Edited by: Mugdha Ekbote on Jan 7, 2009 12:16 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mugdha,

WDA component not supported by Blackberry.

even SAP standard screen also not support to Blckberry.

You have to fiest develop a program with tcode.Then create a ITS for tcode.

then create a Service through SICF for your ITS.

then only You can able to access the URL from web.

-Rick

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Rick!

I shall work on your guidelines.

Regards,

Mugdha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your helpful and guiding answer!

Regards,

Mugdha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mugdha,

Follow below procedure for Blackberry.

Create a Ztcode for your application but remember that all screen element are not support by Blackberry console be careful.

After creating Tcode go to SE80 under Internet Services create a ITS for yor Ztcode

As you soon create ITS it will publish as ITS Name -> Topic 99. That's nothing but XML template.You can define your parameters too there.

Under Template you can see HTML Templates which containe each for your screen.

Note after creating each one click right and published all one.Then uner ITS create Service ,Publish Service and start service.

For Service you can use SICF go to Default_host-> sap->bc->gui->sap->its->.

Here importing thing is that you have to custmized your service through double click on it and add required parametres like Handler List,Procedure etc.

-Rick

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There is no mobile device support in Web Dynpro ABAP. Web Dynpro Java has some mobile device support. In general, you probably need to move this discussion to another forum, because WDA is not going to be appropriate for Blackberry applications. You should also consider using BSP for Blackberry. BSP is an open rendering framework so you can create stateless, WML enabled applications.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> There is no mobile device support in Web Dynpro ABAP. Web Dynpro Java has some mobile device support. In general, you probably need to move this discussion to another forum, because WDA is not going to be appropriate for Blackberry applications. You should also consider using BSP for Blackberry. BSP is an open rendering framework so you can create stateless, WML enabled applications.

Hi Thomas,

I'm developing a BSP application for Blackberry. When I'm testing the application on the blackberry I'm getting an error:

"SAP Note The Following error text was processed in the system: <htmlb:content> (*) This browser is not supported for Design2003 the Internet Explorer as of 5.50 and the Mozilla as of 1.75 are supported "

Any ideas how we can solve this? Tips, suggestions, examples to find some more information on BSP developments on Blackberry are always welcome!!

Many thanks,

Siegfried

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

This isn't the correct forum for BSP related questions. We have a dedicated BSP forum where this question should be asked. However the quick answer is that you can't use the *htmlb libraries in a mobile BSP application. That means no htmlb:content tag. You must create your own rendering layout.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the answer. Sorry for the mis-placement!

I've put my question on the BSP forum now!

Kind regards,

Siegfried

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rick!

Thank you for your help.

Can you please elaborate the procedure? I have created a webdynpro component in SAP. Do I need to create a Z program for the same purpose? How to create ITS for it?

Please explain.