cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web dynpro content JCO destination into J2EE application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there a way to use the JCO destination declared into the web dynpro content administrator in a J2EE application by coding.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Were you able to resolve the null pointer exception?

How did you do that?

I am facing the same issue. Plesae help.

Thanks in Advance.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor Gopinathan,

thanks for your helpful answer. I'd try to use the CimClient to browse SLD and I'd get with succesful the JCO Destination declared in the web dynpro content administrator (client, user, ...) but unfortunetly I did'nt get the password to use it in the logon properties to reach qome RFC functions in an R/3 backend. What I want to do is to use these SLD's JCO destination to connect into an R/3 backend without giving any credentials but using the JCO destination.

Can you help me more.

Thanks in advance.

IF.

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi intégrateur fonctionnel ,

Here we have mainly 3 way of authentication.

They are

1) User Id /password

2) Ticket

3) Client Certificate

We dont need the first option .. So we can discuss about the other 2..

I think using SSO to the R/3 server u can achive this functionality. For that u have to set up SSO.

i haven't tried this..

anyway i can give u some valuable informations regarding this.

Ticket
Using the ticket authentication there is no need to define a user, because this is defined at runtime
by the SAP logon ticket, which is assigned to the current user. To enable the usage of these
SAP logon tickets for your system landscape you have to do some configurations. In general youhave to make sure that the logon ticket that, which is created by the J2EE engine running the Web Dynpro application, is accepted by the used backend system. Furthermore you have to provide the same user definitions both for the Web Dynpro J2EE engine and for the used backend
system.

Client Certificate (X509)

It is also possible to use a client certificate for the authentication. As for the ticket authentication there is no need to define a user. Please have a look to the related documentation to get the details about the needed configurations to use client certificates.

just go through this help regarding WebDynpro Content Administrator guide.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/how to use the web dynpro content administrator.pdf

i have already discussed to set up SSO in this forum. may be this can help u to set up SSO.

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor Gopinathan,

thanks again for your help, what I want to do exactly is to access and use a JCo destination defined in the Web Dynpro Content Administrator as a Web Dynpro application done but in a J2EE application.

I found this code in sap help

IWDJCOClientConnection client =
WDSystemLandscape.getJCOClientConnection(“myJCOClient”);

but when I want to use it I'd got a null exception.

Did you use it ? Could someone give me the code to reach my needs.

Thanks,

Best regards

IF.

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi intégrateur fonctionnel ,

It is possible to create a connection using the particular JCO connection u have maintained in SLD

for particular WebDynpro application..

just refer these links....

actually in these links , we have discussed to look up

an SLD service in the J2EE WAS .. use this to create a JCO connection . and use this JCO connection..

hope u have maintained SLD in the SAP J2EE WAS..

let me know if u have any dbts regarding this...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/e7e14b517b42788a1c166f9f32455e/content.htm

Setting up SLD i have explained it in step by step here..

Refer this also.. This
article addresses how to handle making Java Connector -> Remote Function Calls using the System
Landscape Directory.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2ce854ed-0701-0010-deb5-ffd...

Hierarchy For Package com.sap.lcr.api.sapmodel http://media.sdn.sap.com/html/submitted_docs/60_sp2_javadocs/lcrapidoc/com/sap/lcr/api/sapmodel/pack...

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan