cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mapping one to many problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I've a problem with mapping one message to many messages. Situation looks like this. It's mapping from one IDOC to many other messages. I'm using two different software components. On first of them is imported IDOC metadata, on the second one is imported xsd schema and created based on it inbound interface. Whole comunication is asynchronous. Mapping takes place on second software component which is target system. During creating Message Mapping i'm obtaining such warning:

Message IDoc IDOC_NAME | urn:sap-com:document:sap:idoc:messages has a software component version SOFTWARE1, 1.0 of blabla.com, which is different to the message mapping software component version SOFTWARE2, 1.0 of blabla.com. Multi-mappings require the software component versions of the messages to be identical to the software component version of the message mapping 

Afterwards, I cannot see source message in mapping editor. Do you know how to solve it? Actually having only one software component isn't possible.

regards,

wojtek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Wojtku,

>>>>I'm using two different software components. On first of them is imported IDOC metadata, on the second one is imported xsd schema and created based on it inbound interface.

both: source and target have to be in one SWCV

you can create a message mapping in some other SWCV

but source and target have to originate from one

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean that I should create another software component and make mapping in it. After that, still I'll have definition of interfaces in two different SWCV and in third one will be this mapping.

Software1 IDOC

Software2 Target_interface

Software3 Mapping between IDOC and target.

But I think that in this situation this two SWCV won't be originated from one SWCV. Or maybe I'm wrong.

Regards,

wojtek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this restriction does not longer exist up from SP16. But OK SP16 is pretty new...

Best regards,

Holger

-

From the SP 16 release notes:

Release Notes for SAP NetWeaver '04

-> Changes: SAP Exchange Infrastructure

-> Changes in SAP NetWeaver '04 SPS16

Previously, when executing message mappings for multi-mappings in the Mapping Editor, you could only reference source and target messages if they were in the same software component version as the message mapping, or an underlying software component version. Now, provided that all the source messages are in one software component version, and all target messages are in another, the source and target messages do not have to be in the same software component version as the message mapping. If the software component version of the source or target message has underlying software component versions, you can also reference any source or target messages they contain from the message mapping.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

no both interfaces idoc and the target should be in one

mapping can be in the same or in any other

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Having idoc and the target interface in the same software component it's imposible in my case. What a pity that we have got implemented only SP14 :(.

And what about xslt mapping, is there also this restriction valid?

Regards

wojtek

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the problem was only with message mappings

as far as I know so XSLT should not be included

but remember that XSLT mappings require

the most memory consumption

Regards,

michal

-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wojtek -

Create a Usage Dependency in the SLD from SWC Software2(where your mapping is) to SWC Software1(containing IDoc metadata). Once the dependency is created, reimport the Software2 SWC into the Int. Repository.

Now there will be a node called Basis objects under Software2 SWC. Drag your IDoc from there into your Message Mapping and you shouldn't see this problem anymore.

For more on how to create a Usage Dependency, see Michal's weblog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/26/xi-are-you-independentfrom-your-dependencies

Regards,

Jin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Try creating two software component versions under the same software component.

That way both the imported objects will be in the same software component.

Regards,

Smitha

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your source is an IDOC that has to be split in to N messages, then you will have to go for a BPM. Unfortunately, MultiMapping is not supported for IDOCs. The reason being that IDOC do not reside on the Adapter Engine and multi mapping works only on the components installed on Adapter Engine.

You can check these links for the same,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/42/f3b31d48fb1bc8e10000000a11466f/content.htm

Also, go through the restrictions part of this blog,

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all,

Problem was solved. We used this dependency. It looks ok now. We don't have to use BPM because IDOC is a source not a target.

regards,

wojtek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wojciech,

The blogs below clearly shows you how to solve you problem, Please follow it step by step or compare it with what you have done.

/people/sudharshan.aravamudan/blog/2005/12/01/illustration-of-multi-mapping-and-message-split-using-bpm-in-sap-exchange-infrastructure

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/08/message-mapping-simplified-150-part-ii

I hope this helps you solve your problem

Regards,

abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From XI SP16, We can have Source and Target messages in Different SW component versions.

This is what XI SP 16 Documentation says:

<b>Previously, when executing message mappings for multi-mappings in the Mapping Editor, you could only reference source and target messages if they were in the same software component version as the message mapping, or an underlying software component version. Now, provided that all the source messages are in one software component version, and all target messages are in another, the source and target messages do not have to be in the same software component version as the message mapping. If the software component version of the source or target message has underlying software component versions, you can also reference any source or target messages they contain from the message mapping.</b>

Please refer this link for more info.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/52/a21f407b402402e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">XI SP 16 Features</a>

Regards,

Ananth