cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destination creation in Webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using a webservice. I have mapped the model nodes to the controller and views as well. But when i deploy I am getting the foll error,

"com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.discovery.TargetNotMappedException: Logical Target sap.com/DynamicWSProxies/DEFAULT_WS_METADATA_DEST not mapped to a physical system."

From the error I understand that Dynamic Proxy has to be created. My ques is

1. Is it mandatory to create a destination in Visual Admin?

2. If so, What are the details that I have to give in Connection settings and Authentication during Dynamic proxy creation?

Note: I am having the WSDL file in my local system and I am not gonna access it thro' any URL.

Could anyone help me out in this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Configure dynamic proxies in Visual Administrator

In the u2018Clusteru2019 tab of Visual Administrator, expand your JEE engine node and go to the following path.

Server > Services > Web Services Security

Now in Web Services Security Choose the DynamicWSProxies.

After selecting the u2018DynamicWSProxiesu2019 node, click the create button at the bottom to create new proxies.

Provide a name to the new Proxy and click OK

To create the destination for the Enterprise Service you should input the following details for the proxy

Details for Enterprise Service CUST will look like as given below

u2022 Proxy Name: CUST002QR

u2022 WSDL URL for the Enterprise Service: http://<server>:<port>/sap/bc/srt/xip/sap/CUST?sap-client=800&wsdl=1.1

u2022 System ID: <ES Hosting System>

u2022 Client: 800

u2022 Language: EN

u2022 Authentication: BASIC

u2022 Username and password for the <ES Hosting System> system

Thanks and Regards,

Tulasi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying out the options given...

Edited by: Pavithra Ramachandran on Jan 8, 2009 10:45 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the following links

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5186] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Wiki on troubleshooting for Adaptive Webservices

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/wdjava/faq%252b-%252bmodels%252b-%252badaptive%252bweb%252bservice]

Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For resolving the above mentioned error, I have to create Logical destinations in Visual Admin. But during creation, I have to give the WebService URL (deployed in the server). I am using EP 7.0.

So how to deploy the Webservice. There is no SOA management-->Destination Template found in NWA of EP. Could anyone help me out in this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could anyone help me in resolving this problem?

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u deployed the web services, u will find the services in the web service navigator.

http://<host name>:50000/wsnavigator.

take the wsdl from the web service navigator and log into nwa.

http://<host name>:50000/nwa.

Soa management-->destination template --> create a new Logical destination and give the wsdl url .

Thanks and regards

Fazal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fazal,

My problem now is "How to deploy the Webservice to the Enterprise Portal".

I am aware that Link: [http://<host name>:50000/wsnavigator] shows the deployed webservices.

I couldn't find SOA management-->destination template in EP. This might be for PI or CE server. To create logical destination, I need the url. For that the web service has to be deployed.

It will be great, if you could help me out in this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have awarded points for all the useful answers. But my question is still unanswered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavithra,

The Web Serviec URL that is needed to be given in the Destination can be taken from the WSDL itself.

You can find the Web Service URL at the wsdl:service tag, location attribute.

From your description it appears that the EP server where you are deploying the Web Dynpro application with Adaptive WS model is not CE 7.1. Hence, for your server the Detinations can be created using Visual Administrator (VA) as:

1. Open the Visual Administrator of the AS Java on which the Java application is running.

2. Under Cluster, select <your server> --> Services --> Destinations

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavithra,

You will need to create logical destinations on the server. To create logical destination, you have to provide the URL, it is mandatory to provide authentication details, also the name should be same as given during model import.

First, deploy the wsdl on the server & then you can get the complete server URL of this deployed wsdl (i remember there is a Web Service Navigator link for the same when you login to NWA).

Kind Regards,

Nitin

Edited by: Nitin Jain on Jan 7, 2009 12:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using AdaptiveWebservice or Deprecated. If you are using Adaptive then it is prefered to use Logical Destinations in Visual Admin.

Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Adaptive Webservice. Could you tell me what should be the URL entry and System ID. Is it mandatory to give Username and password in Basic Authentication? Could you guide me in the logical destination creation in Visual Admin?

Should the destination name given in Visual Admin match that of the logical destination given during model creation in WebDynpro?

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ,

Should the destination name given in Visual Admin match that of the logical destination given during model creation in WebDynpro?

Yes

Is it mandatory to give Username and password in Basic Authentication?

yes , for Basic Authentication , we need to provide the username and password.

I am using Adaptive Webservice. Could you tell me what should be the URL entry and System ID.

adn create a new Logical destination.